Author   Comment  
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #1 
So,
Continuing to push my meager scroll saw skills, I did another "Steve Good" pattern.
This one was not as bad as the butter flower -rose project but it did have a few vein cuts and a lot of twist's and turns.

He had 2 base patterns in that you could do it with a backer board or a 3/4 in version. I chose to do the 3/4 version... It is currently standing on a temporary base and was finished with at least 2 coats of clear paint. This is one of those patterns that you need to stand back about 5-10 feet to really appreciate the effect LOL
Anyway thanks for looking

Bass - Frog -1.jpg  Bass - Frog.jpg 

Reply with quote  #2 
Great work Ed - if you used Poplar i'm really envious!! With the demise of Masters in Australia the supply of Poplar has all but disappeared but it was certainly beautiful to work with for thinks like this!!  Congrats! Tony
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #3 
it was def poplar. Here in the states it seems to be very eventful. I use it for pretty much everything i make , except when i use birch ply or pine......

Thanks for looking and commenting. I have not been in toy making mode for a while and decided to challenge my scroll saw skills. These are fun patterns to do for sure ....

Reply with quote  #4 
Another winner Ed.

I still have a few pieces of Poplar left from the Masters closing down sale here in Australia. 
Might have to try something like this for a change.
I have made quite a few toys out of the Poplar, really nice to work with. But as it is not readily available here the public think it is just regular old Pine. 

Cheers
Rod T

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #5 
Rod T,

It's a nice change of pace from toy making. Since it's all a hobby and I only sell stuff every once in a while I just wanted a nice change of pace. If your making stuff to sell and have a venue to sell through you might want to put some of this type of stuff up for sale as well. There are so many out there I could do it 24x7 and probably not run out LOL

Between "Steve Good", Shelia Landry, and Sue May you have a huge amount to pick from for sure.

Reply with quote  #6 
Very well cut, Steve has a lot of nice pieces

Reply with quote  #7 
Ed, I looked on his site and could not find this one. Do you have the name of it. Thanks

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks for looking Tony.

The name for it as I show in when it downloaded was "BASSFROG.pdf" Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 9.51.05 AM.png 
Hmmm, Tony I just checked and it is not in the catalog. I sent Steve a message to see where it might have gone. I'll let you know if/when he answers. He is at a big wood show this week doing demo's for the new Seyco Scroll Saw

Reply with quote  #9 
I love the art and one day I will be doing the same
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #10 
Got to cut that one looks great. [thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Bucko

Reply with quote  #11 
Ed, If you would get a reply on the plan availablity could you update us?
Greg

Reply with quote  #12 
http://www.stevedgood.com/bassfrog.pdf
Bucko

Reply with quote  #13 
Well done Greg and thanks for posting
Greg

Reply with quote  #14 
Glad to help  [biggrin]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.