Author   Comment  
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #1 
In parallel with the oversize playpal car, mentioned elsewhere, I have also been building one of John's amazing X-wing fighters. Being relatively new to both bandsaw and scroll saw, I struggled to accurately reproduce four identical wings, so a fair bit of sanding was required! I used oak, reclaimed from a 40mm kitchen worktop that I recently replaced, for all the components except the dowels. I really enjoyed this one, although I have yet to tackle the transporter! The final 2 pictures were taken after giving the model a coat of Danish Oil.
I will now have to build another one, as my grandson wants a painted version and I like the oiled oak one!

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: D75_0900.jpg, Views: 36, Size: 207.22 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_0901.jpg, Views: 38, Size: 204.41 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_0905.jpg, Views: 39, Size: 232.39 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_0911.jpg, Views: 42, Size: 178.63 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_0934.jpg, Views: 42, Size: 176.35 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_0939.jpg, Views: 43, Size: 202.98 KB 

Tony

Reply with quote  #2 
Not sure how you got there but the end results sure do look great

Reply with quote  #3 
nice job  [thumb][thumb][thumb]    the oil really looks great
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #4 
Well done, Tom, well done.

It looks fabulous. I'm working on one now and made the wings out of 2X4s. I'm leaving on a trip in 2 days time and will be gone for a while.

Thanks for sharing.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.