Author   Comment  
Terry M

Reply with quote  #1 
DSCN0835.JPG

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: DSCN0853.JPG, Views: 89, Size: 2.79 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSCN0848.JPG, Views: 88, Size: 2.61 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSCN0846.JPG, Views: 76, Size: 2.57 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSCN0835.JPG, Views: 57, Size: 2.63 MB 

xihunter

Reply with quote  #2 
What a beautiful paint job!
Wooddawg

Reply with quote  #3 
They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. My daughter has a 6 month old son and has asked me to build her/him a rocking horse and I am studying the 1890 plans. I do hope mine comes close to the quality of your build. Never done anything of this size.

Keep up the great work, you have a talent. Wooddawg
Stevenm01

Reply with quote  #4 
Wow, those are gorgeous!  Lucky kids.   What did you use for the tail?  Very nice, I'll bet the kids all have to touch it!
  Steve

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Terry, Welcome to the Forum! I agree with the others, WOW! You did a super job. I love the natural wood next to the painted wood. Are you planning on selling these or giving them away? Your photos are terrific. Thank you for posting.
Terry M

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Steve

The horses tail is made from real horses tail and held in place by a dowel.  The dowel is grooved in the front to allow the hair to be wrapped around it and then the back top of the dowel is shaved off just enough to allow a tight fit.  I think it did a pretty good job, giving it a nice natural looking arch.
Terry M

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Cynthia   Thanks for your compliments.  Like you I prefer the natural/antiqued wood look, but kids are drawn to color.  They were made as gifts - to much of a labour of love to sell.  The painted one was given to my parents neighbours who recently had an addition to their family as a thanks for keeping such a good eye on my parents over the years.  The other will stay in the family and is currently in my parents care - I think they will have a hard time giving it up, but I'm sure they will give it up to great grand child to break to ride and care for in the near future.
Rod T

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Terry

Very nice job of these rocking horses. I have just started one of these for my daughter who will be turning 1 at the end of June. Hoping to have it finished for her first birthday.

I do love the tails on these. What a great mod to an already great plan. 
I want to do this to mine, but I don't think I can get any real horse hair. Will have to put my thinking cap on.

Cheers
Rod T
Rosiejane

Reply with quote  #9 
These look great, especially the natural wood one.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.