Author   Comment  
joepeto

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi folks,

I am sending some more photos from my toys. Now they came right from "Armed forces". They are very simple toys, I was just developing some ideas.
They were made from 1/4" MDF. I had painted first with white latex PVA as primer, so I used color acrilic craft paint and finished with water based acrilic varnish.

Hugs, Joepeto

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: SD531316.JPG, Views: 80, Size: 120.23 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531331.JPG, Views: 92, Size: 120.04 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531342.JPG, Views: 94, Size: 118.49 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531348.JPG, Views: 93, Size: 122.84 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531349.JPG, Views: 83, Size: 124.38 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531381.JPG, Views: 81, Size: 123.36 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531383.JPG, Views: 76, Size: 120.24 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531384.JPG, Views: 72, Size: 122.73 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531388.JPG, Views: 90, Size: 123.08 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: SD531389.JPG, Views: 95, Size: 122.16 KB 

cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Joel!

Your jeeps are totally COOL! Great photos! 
Udie

Reply with quote  #3 
Joel (Jepeto)
What a great looking military motor pool of vehicles - great design, painting and outstanding photographs. Very imaginative.
I've got to tell you, my favorite photo is the Desert Jeep on the larger white stones.
Love the extra details on the Army jeep also.
You said you use 1/4" MDF, so what are the size of these jeeps?
And ... what is that I see on the Army jeep tires - some sort of treads - you must tell us how you made those.
You just made my day Joel.
osni chioveto

Reply with quote  #4 
Parabéns Joepeto                  Congratulations Joepeto
Gostei do Jeep camuflado.      I liked the Jeep camouflaged
Um abraço                             A hug
Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Joel
Thanks for sharing your jeep photos.
I like Udie would love to see more about how you made them.
Good job with the photos.
Very interesting build.

joepeto

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi folks,

Thank to Cynthia, Udie, Osni and Ken Martin for good words and comments.
I must say I enjoyed a lot to make these jeeps. The design is not complex, the beauty is to create the colors and details.
Udie - The sizes are (in millimeters): 176 L x 34 T* x 86 W (* 34 T in the body, plus 27 mm in the windshield).
The wheels are 40 mm dia x 1/4" thick and hole 1/4" mm. I used dowel 1/4" dia as axle.
The treads that apears on the Army jeep tyres were made with an woodburner with a sharp writing nib. I chosen it because is very easy to "cut" on MDF wheel.
The headlights were made from a dowel 10 mm dia x 6 mm L.
I used yellow wood glue and hot melt adhesive. I hope these extra information can help a litle more. Joepeto

Joepeto - Thanks for the great details. Super idea of using the wood burning tool - Udie
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.