Author   Comment  
Bucko

Reply with quote  #1 
I've noticed that the Book plans are now listed as e- books, are the hard copy version of the Books no longer available? I'm curious as I enjoy a book to page through, Thanks for a reply---
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
All of our inventory of books has been sold. All I have left is one set for our records. For the last year before we ran out of inventory we were only selling very few books a year and not enough to justify a re-order. So sorry! I love creating hardcover books but there is no profit in it any more.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the reply John, I do believe I've found some of the books for sale on an online supply site. I bought the ones featuring Planes and also Boats and may go back to pickup another or 2 as I plan on doing some Dragons this winter.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
Bucko - maybe look for the dinosaur book too.  That is as much fun as the dragons. 
Bucko

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Cindy for the tip, the last promotion for the Books was a bargain but at the time I didn't need the whole offering of Books.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #6 
It seems my search for the Dragons is over as my wife has informed me to relax on my search as She in the role of Mrs. Santa Claus has me covered. Trade off is now I'm going to have to give in on an early gift presentation[smile]  books3_opt.jpg  [smile]
ctowne

Reply with quote  #7 
Lol - you better give her a good present. 
dustyoldman

Reply with quote  #8 
I got my paper books in March of this year - looks like I timed it just right.....before John and Cynthia ran out of them.

DOM
dmjones

Reply with quote  #9 
Yeah. I'm with Bucko. I don't like e-books either. But I guess we all have to get into the 21st century sooner or later. LOL
BadBob

Reply with quote  #10 
You can have them printed at office supply stores like Staples or Office Depot. I've done that with a few books.

I would also suggest searching Amazon for used books. I've bought lots of used books on Amazon.

I prefer the electronic versions because they make creating the patterns so much easier.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Bucko

Reply with quote  #11 
Bob I'm interpreting your opening lines on the previous post(#10) as to having a book made from the e-plan(s) at an office supply store of which can be done from a spiral binder version to a more standard book version.
With Toymakingplans copyright listed on the plans can this legally be done for personal use by a person who bought the e-plan (me)? I'm sure the Lewman's can give a great reply to this question.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #12 
I have not printed any of the books sold here but I have had books printed and bound with the authors blessing. The author suggested this.

I think that printing a copy for your own use is fair use. However I think you find that printing a color book to be very expensive. Some where around $0.25 cents per page. Much cheaper to by used.

A quick author search on Amazon books netted severals new and used books all for less than the printing cost.  Give it a try.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.