Author   Comment  
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone
I would like to share with you all my recently finished Baby Changing Table that my Daughter asked me to make for our soon to arrive Granddaughter, who is due in September.
I made the top section, which is removable and therefore converts the unit back to just a storage unit when the baby out grows it, out of a piece of MDF covered with D-C-FIX sticky back White Vinyl and I used Pine Skirting board that I cut and shaped so it has no sharp edges.
It also has multiple wooden dowelling rods hidden along the front edge and the underneath holding the slightly smaller dividing wall on. I dont normally paint my models but this i had too and I lost count of the number of layers that i put on it lol. The small gaps were filled and my wife then sealed all of them with waterproof bathroom silicone.
My daughter had given me the bottom section which is an IKEA KALLAX Shelving unit, that she already had, and I bought two matching shelf inserts and two DRONA storage units as well. It also has 4 IKEA CAPITA legs on the bottom that are 8cm high.
The white trays were from the local Range Store and were only a couple of pounds to buy.
I cried, with frustration, whilst trying to make it and my daughter cried when she saw it, with joy I hope....lol.
All the best 
Dave
20190701_151202.jpg  20190701_150912.jpg  20190701_150712.jpg 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Perfection! And I have changed a pile of diapers.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.