Author   Comment  
BadBob

Reply with quote  #1 
Ready to do some cutting and drilling. And a "Quick N Easy 5 Truck Fleet" for my grandson. He gets two of the cars too. I'm not sure how I'm going to drill the headlight and tail light holes. To me it looks like a job tailor made for the Shopsmith horizontal boring feature. 

20171217_221451_HDR - Wooden Toy Cae and Trucks Redy for Cutting.jpg 
20171217_221423_HDR Handmade Wooden Toy Cars - Bad Bobs Custom Motors .jpg  20171217_221431_HDR Handmade Wooden Toy Cars - Bad Bobs Custom Motors .jpg 

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Rod T

Reply with quote  #2 
Horizontal boring would do the trick. 
Here is a pic of the jig I made for my drill press for drilling headlight holes etc. 
Quick and easy to set up and use. I just clamp it to my drill press table and nudge it into position.
Since this pic was taken, I have put some stick on grip tape on the face. The tape that is used on stairs etc. I found the pieces slid around a bit when clamping. 

DrillingJig.jpg 
Cheers
Rod T

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
BadBob and RodT - Thanks for the posts, great photos and tips.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #4 
Very solid set up Rod, here’s a topic where I addressed drilling for the headlights. The second photo shows the drilling but I must add I clamp the piece in a vise most of the time. http://forums.toymakingplans.com/post?id=8157435
BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
I wanted to drill before cutting out the bodies but the spray adhesive I used to glue on the patterns grabs so tight that I could not get them square to an edge reliably. I still haven decided how I'm going to do it.
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.