Author   Comment  
ctowne

Reply with quote  #1 
Ed just posted a wonderful batcar and inspired me to post mine - I am a superhero junkie and envision many versions of this versatile fun sturdy car.   It is a fine line with the whole copy write stuff.  Not sure how to manage that aspect but these are fun for me.  

SuperHero.jpg

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
Ctowne,

Nice set, I like the way you did the wheels and adding head light. Did u add tail lights to the wonderwoman car??
Did you find a plan for the wonder car? or is it your own design? I would like to make it for my grand daughter. Also did u use a stencil for the star's?

paint job looks nice and smooth (spray or hand painted)

thanks for sharing

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Ed- Thanks for your comments. 

I used the 1/4" hole plugs for headlights and no tail lights.   I put double sided tape on a piece of thick paper or cardboard, put on a bunch of hole plugs and paint those very easily.  I like to use axle pegs.  Just a personal preference and those are also easy to paint. just stand a bunch of them up in a pegboard or Styrofoam.  

I went to Micheals hobby store and found a 1/2" size star punch (like a hole punch) and used that to make my stars.  I got some plain white label paper and punched away.  It was a little difficult to peel off the back of the non stick paper.  So make some extras. 

I now just hand paint everything.  my schedule and weather issues are so erratic that I had to come up with a constant method so my products will look consistant.   I can paint in the middle of the night or in the pouring rain and my cars/trucks will all have the same look.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
Sweet! What size is it? It looks like 1" diameter wheels with 1/2" and 3/4" materials. Overall length appears to be approximately 4-1/2". Am I right?
ctowne

Reply with quote  #5 
John - your guesses are good 1"wheel, sides are 1/2" pieces, center is 2 - 3/4" pieces, it is 6" long.  Fits very nice in a childs hand, very sturdy and a steering wheel can be added for extra detail.   
Udie

Reply with quote  #6 
Cindy (ctowne)
Loved seeing you batcar and batgirl car, very imaginative.
Great idea about using a star punch.
garywisbey

Reply with quote  #7 
nice work there i like the blue and red one 
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.