Author   Comment  
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #1 
Since my 4 year boss saw the bat car's that "Dalboy" posted recently he insisted I had to make him one (or more) then my granddaughter decided I must make here one in purple Soooo this is the result! now my oldest grand daughter wants a pink one, go figure
I had trouble with the fins breaking so i decided that i would soften the fins like the car on the left. I like that look much better and less chance of it breaking off. LOL

Also there is one of the plaques in the background, I made recently (it somehow rode into the picture LOL )

batcars-resize1.jpg  batcars3-resize.jpg 
Thanks

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
This is a slick batmobile. What size and source are the wheels and what thickness are the different layers of wood? I would like to see that bike design made into a wheel toy. The front wheel would not need to turn. That's a good design for a roller bike toy for younger kids.

What did you use to paint the cars and to clear coat the bike?
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi John,
The wheels are 1 inch, purchased off Ebay or "woodworkingparts.com" they where actually cheaper then EBAY and got here just as fast LOL
The Cars are popular "center cut is 3/4" " and the sides are 1/4" , then 1 inch wheels with 1/4 inch axle.

The bike was stained with cherry then sanded. Then I used clear lacquer then lightly sanded and a second coat.

The the black car was painted with metal flake and then sanded the a second coat then sanded once more. Then i used sanding sealer which dry's crystal clear.
The purple car was purple lacquer (2 coats) then sanding sealer as well.

As far as the bike being made into the wheel toy that would take some one more talented then me LOL
The plan is free and comes from "steve good scroll saw "

thanks for looking and commenting.

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the info-maybe I'll have to make the motorcycle with wheels.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Ed - very nice - you encouraged me to post my version of Dalboy batcar as well.  I made it slightly different but the same 1" wheel size.  Plus I made a wonder woman car.  Maybe your granddaughter would like something like that. 
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #6 
thanks for looking, these are fun to make and fairly quick.

Reply with quote  #7 
A very nice pair of cars. I think that it was someone else's Batcar as I have not yet made any
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.