Author   Comment  
jtuckfield

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi-My son Jake and I are working on the design of a new type of war game I call Battle Builders. The final product will be a wood toy plan set. The plan set will include a game box, game board, gaming pieces and tank full size plans. It will also include the game rules.

Below are some of my early prototypes of the game board tanks and the play pieces. I've spent most of my life playing board war games and designed the game philosophy for this game around military strategy and actual tank battles. This shows our prototyping table and various pieces we are experimenting with. Down at the far end you see the small tanks that are explained in the next few posts. When I get some spare time I'll share the how-to's of playing the game with you all. 

PHOTO_20140223_104501 (1).jpg

jtuckfield

Reply with quote  #2 
Here are some of our first prototypes of the game board tanks. I'm designing the game set so a complete game and all the pieces can be easily made over a weekend. The tanks are about 3" long. The size and weight are the result of testing what feels best while playing the game.

IMG_20140216_175305770.jpg

jtuckfield

Reply with quote  #3 
My son Jake is Beta testing Battle Builder table top tank war game. The long dowel is part of the game set. It is used to align the barrel for a shot at the enemy. Once the alignment is established the game move is completed.
 PHOTO_20140223_105813.jpg

jtuckfield

Reply with quote  #4 
This photo shows the two styles of tanks that are used for one game. One style has the top turret cannon and one style has the hidden turret cannon. Two or more players can play the game. At the bottom of the photo is a  mini-tank for the mini-board game. The mini-game follows the same rules as the standard game but can be played in a very small area. The painted tank to the right was finished with artist's acrylic colors. We are experimenting with dipping techniques that promise to speed up production.

PHOTO_20140215_164937.jpg

Udie

Reply with quote  #5 
jtuckfield:
Toys for large board games, sounds interesting.
Prototypes look good.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #6 
Very cool jtuckfield. We are anxious to hear more about this. Great photos.
blackwolf

Reply with quote  #7 
Sign me up ..Tryin to get my nephew off his tablet..

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks, we are working hard developing Battle Builder. You are correct that this will be a group collaboration - well actually an evolution. I designed the game to be fun, affordable and scaleable. The goal is to have a complete game offering with rules and plans, then roll out new pieces and expansions. Fair warning....its totally addictive.
Sdaupanner

Reply with quote  #9 
I like the whole group are waiting for the finished project to come to life  - Don
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.