Author   Comment  
guyrossi

Reply with quote  #1 
Recently finished up a Beaver Tail Trailer to go along with a previously made Dump Truck and Front End Loader...My Grandson loves them.
P1030623.jpg
P1030630.jpg  P1030631.jpg  P1030634.jpg  P1030635.jpg  P1030638.jpg  P1030639.jpg 
P1030623.jpg P1030624.jpg

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks again for sharing these wonderful projects. It is an inspiration to me and challenges me to upgrade my designs and workmanship.
rob41245

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi: I sent away for this plan (at a cost of $6) and received in a download a bunch of jumbled machine language through the magazine you had mentioned in a previous post. (Woodcraft???) I did receive explicit directions on how to create the tires . Not my interest .
Looking at your terrific photos I think I can come close to replicating your work on the front loader . Combining with plans that I purchased from John and Cynthia to come up with a handle device incorporated into their design so  that my handicapped great nephew could use it using his larger muscles in hand control. 
If it's possible could you add a photo(s) showing the connection so I can can add the handle to manipulate the bucket. I'm confused on pivot points  and connection of the unit to the frame. 
I would be most grateful for 1 or or two photos showing the "inside connections between the handle and the bucket.

Thanks so very much in advance. I admire your work and am most envious of your skill and ability.

Rob
guyrossi

Reply with quote  #4 
Rob...I do not have any additional photos to add...however I can tell you that the bucket mechanism is attached to the walnut handle using 1 1/4 inch #6 round head wood screws.  The holes drilled in the mechanism are large enough to allow movement, while the holes into the walnut handle are just pilot holes.  I also put some glue in the pilot holes to be sure the screws do not loosen.  I am currently reworking the design to use brass rod and push nuts to hold everything together...the wood screws seem suspect to me...so I am experimenting.  My grandson received the loader for Christmas...I am sure he will find all the weak points in the coming months.  The dump truck was actually a birthday gift I gave him back in February...turns out that the dump body was slamming shut and pinching his fingers...so I reworked the mechanism using a friction hinge and a fiber strap to limit and slow down movement in both directions...seems to have worked really well.  Lastly, I am surprised that you had trouble with the down load...mine downloaded fine and are excellent.  

rob41245

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you so very much for your reply.

Your plans are way more effort than I wanted you to spend. Fantastic and much appreciated. After a number of other people said the same thing about the download, I’m trying again and hopefully I’ll receive the correct plans. I gave them my order number etc. so they don’t think I’m trying to pull a fast one.

I think with what you sent me I can soldier through with a fairly good prototype. It’s been said that Edison tried 186 times before he found the correct filament to make a light bulb function, I’ve got a lot of patience and can always use the scrap pieces for kindling for fires in my wood stove for these Adirondack winters.

Thanks again

Rob

I am really in your debt as your reply was extraordinary.

Thanks again

rob
johndrees

Reply with quote  #6 
I love it cant wait to get it
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.