Author   Comment  
JayBee

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone! so I got me a porter cable scroll saw from Lowes about a month or so ago and recently discovered this amazing site.  I've spent a few weeks lurking and bought a few plans, including Noahs mini ark.  Made one as a gift and ended up selling another [smile]Just wanted to say this forum is great and I feel like I've learned a lot just reading through the posts and watching the videos.  So thanks!

Okay now to my actual question.  I just made a dinosaur puzzle and painted it with acrylic metallic craft paint.  After the paint dried, I applied Cynthia's Beeswax, then I thought...Should I have sealed it first with some kind of clear gloss spray, like krylon triple clear? Or is the beeswax itself sealer enough? 

The other toys I've made have all been unfinished, and I just used the beeswax.  This was my first time to paint something so I didn't really think about it until after the fact. 

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
JayBee
I done it both ways with painted projects with no problems.

Unfinished wood toys with Bee's Wax is an excellent finish, great touch, smell and durable.
Easy to reapply if needed.

My preference as you can see from some of my articles and videos is to apply a finish to painted toy.

I use a simple craft paint varnish and then I do apply Bee's wax.

It just gives it that little extra.

Udie

JayBee

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Udie!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.