You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Bargain Basement $3 Wood Toy Plans (Reg. $4.95-$19.95)! Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Author   Comment  
Willem

Reply with quote  #1 
I build this for a client. It is 1400 long x 350 high x 40 mm thick. It can take 50 cars. I used the super-hauler-car-carrier cab and trailer mudgaurds and enlarged it 200%.
Sorry the photos is not of good quality, it was taken with a cellphone. Big Rig car transporter.jpg 

LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #2 
So the compartments are about 2"x4" or 50mm x 100mm ? The trailer length at 38 " or 965.2 ?

I am guessing at the measurements but very nice build
my grandson needs at least 3
[biggrin]
LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #3 
Did you make it so it would hang on the wall?

How did you join the shelving together half lap or just butt and glue ?

I hope you don't mind all the questions
Inquiring minds and all that[idea]
Willem

Reply with quote  #4 
The insides of the racks is 100 mm L x 40 mm H x 40 W. I use 6 mm Pine for the inside and 13 mm Pine for the frame of the trailer. The backing of the trailer is 3 mm MDF. The mudguards are two layers of 19 mm Pine and the double-wheels at the back is each 19 mm. For the cab I use 3 mm MDF as backing then 16 mm Pine between the front and the back. The front of the cab is 3 mm MDF and the mudguards and wheels are 19 mm thick. I paint it with craft paint and then spray varnish over it.
Willem

Reply with quote  #5 
I made half-lap joints. It can be hanged on the wall yes. 
Big Rig car transporter1.jpg 

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #6 
This is SO cool! What a great idea and also a beautifully executed build. Thanks for the great photos.
LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks Willem Just measuring some of the grandsons little cars and trucks .If I was to build him one I would make the inside measurements of the compartments 2"Hx4"Lx2"deep or 50mmHx100mmLx50mmD

Thanks for the great idea and I hope you don't mind me borrowing it.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #8 
Well done !
Wombat

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Willem,
 That is a great idea, thanks for the inspiration , photo's and dimensions.
Wombat

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us