Author   Comment  
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #1 
After building the wrecker, I needed something for it to tow, as my grandson loves the truck and has been towing all sorts of things with it! As discussed in a previous topic, John and I had both thought a flat bed version of the wrecker truck would do the trick, so into the workshop I went!
I kept it simple and am quite pleased with the result, although it's quite heavy, so might need a slight mod to the wrecker to cope!

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: D75_9931.jpg, Views: 53, Size: 432.11 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_9934.jpg, Views: 59, Size: 564.92 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_9940.jpg, Views: 55, Size: 530.71 KB 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Beautiful work and an ideal wood toy truck set. I am impressed with you photos. Thanks for sharing!
BadBob

Reply with quote  #3 
Outstanting.

Did you add something to the front of the flatbed for the tow hook to latch on to?

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

TomDullage

Reply with quote  #4 
BadBob, I haven't added anything, yet, for the tow hook to latch onto, it just about hooks on to the chassis front and my grandson said he didn't want anything added! I am still toying with the idea of a removable hitch, though, as I don't like the way it works as is.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.