Author   Comment  
dmjones

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I posted anything, but here is why. I was asked by a neighbor to build this birdhouse (his plans). So, since I have a difficult time doing compound cuts it took me a while. Anyway, here is the finished project. My neighbors wife did the painting. I built it out of cedar. birdhouse.jpg 
Trav

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice. So, the top part serves as a bird house and the bottom looks like it serves as a platform feeder. Is that right? The paint job really makes it stand out. I like it.

I mounted a platform feeder on a post last fall. Not as fancy a build as yours. We didn’t bring much in over winter but now in the spring a few sparrows and chickadees are coming to it. I have more to build. Perhaps I should look at that today. I guess you’ve inspired me.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
This bird house is quite a work of art. I love it and the birds will be excited by the new bird diner with free food and no tip required! 
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #4 
Very fancy up market bird house neat work.[thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
gsmith89

Reply with quote  #5 
Wow that's a very cool bird house. Very nicely done.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #6 
That’s fantastic work, I’m sure right now the neighbors are thinking of a dog house or mailbox.
dmjones

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks for all the comments. Trav, yes it is actually a 4 sided birdhouse and yes it is a feeding platform on the bottom. Also, I need to let you know it is not my plan. A neighbor had one like it that was all rotted out and asked if I could make one. Oh, and my neighbor painted it.

Thanks again for all the great comments.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.