Author   Comment  
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #1 
Granddaughter Emma will be 4 in a few days and had been asking for a car for her dolls, that she'd seen in the local supermarket. We didn't want to buy a plastic one, so I had a look through my plan collection and came up with a modified '69 Mustang, from John's Muscle Car Silhouettes series.
It had to be open topped and extra legroom was needed, so I moved the seats back and increased the space under the dash.
I wasn't happy with the screen, as first built, so I added a bit of reinforcement, as seen in the last picture.
I'm still not getting the quality of finish I'd like, need to spend more time on sanding and prep!

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: A9_06639.jpg, Views: 45, Size: 183.09 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: A9_06640.jpg, Views: 41, Size: 182.64 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: A9_06641.jpg, Views: 42, Size: 181.06 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: A9_06642.jpg, Views: 39, Size: 177.38 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: A9_06643.jpg, Views: 41, Size: 177.55 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: A9_06644.jpg, Views: 42, Size: 177.87 KB 

kenneth smith

Toy Wizard at ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Wow! Very cool build Tom. Thanks for sharing with us. Im sure she's thrilled.
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #3 
WoW she got to be happy with that TOM
Clint Metcalf

Toy Wizard at ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
Outta Sight!!! She must love it!

"I'm still not getting the quality of finish I'd like, need to spend more time on sanding and prep!"

What are you shooting for??
Lexie

Reply with quote  #5 
Super cool!
HeatherP

Reply with quote  #6 
absolutely LOVE it. Well done 
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks for the kind comments.
Clint, to answer your question, I would like to achieve the flawless paint finish I see here on other folks' toys, removing grain and joint lines. I never do enough final sanding, due to both lack of patience and not leaving myself time!
As this was a birthday present, we were looking for a good box to pack it in, so I decided to make one, then thought it may as well be part of the toy, so I turned it into a simple garage.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: A9_06990-2.jpg, Views: 12, Size: 252.18 KB 

Kel

Reply with quote  #8 
well done tom, it is a lovely build and good thinking about making the box a garage.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.