Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #31 
Actually, I love the deep tones of color and contrast that the clear polyurethane coating has created. It brings out the beauty of the wood and also highlights the artistic design of the toy.

Watching you build the Toon Truck here on the forum has been a real joy to both me and Cynthia. I bow to you!

Like you and Nat, the joy of my life is working with Cynthia every day all day creating new toy designs and working in the shop. I hope we can continue to do this together for many years to come.
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #32 
Lloyd,

I confirm what John has said. I love the wood colours and the darker colours the polyurethane coating brings out. I experience the same when I spray my toys with wooddock 10 varnish. The wood you used looks a lot like balau I use for mudguards and sometimes wheels.

The toon truck is really pretty and looks exactly like your drawing.

I hope you are going to do a few more toon vehicles!

Regards

Dolf
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #33 
Lloyd,

That is one nifty truck.

Thanks for taking the time to share your techniques with the group.  

Reply with quote  #34 

Thanks John , Dolf, ED

The color looking better today not as shiny going more matt color. When i was trying to take photo in the home yesterday it was looking very dark and shiny and got some better photo today .

SAM_00001.jpg 
SAM_00002.jpg 

john lewman

Reply with quote  #35 
Nice! Wood toys are a joy, especially when the pattern design is as creative and appealing as your Toon Truck pickup. Thanks for making the effort to create as perfect a toy as possible. All of us on the forum appreciate your incredible how-to series for this wonderful toy.
Rod T

Reply with quote  #36 
Love the finished truck Lloyd. Great job.

Here is the wheel jig that I use on my disk sander, I'll see if I can do a video of it actually working and make some wheels on the weekend. I'll post it in the How to do's and tips and tricks section if I can get it together.

Still trying to get my head around the whole video making thing.

Cheers
Rod T

[/video]
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #37 

Thank You John – And I am looking forward to making the next model and my next project.

Thanks Rod T – Thanks for the video a disk sander is something I want and I have seen the Dremel scroll saw with a disk sander and going to make one for my scroll saw on side of the motor. I would like to see your video on making the wheels if you get time at weekend.

And I just see your video for the Tractor your work shop is a dream and all your tools maybe next year I will get a work shop.

scroll_saw.jpg 

john lewman

Reply with quote  #38 
Thanks for the wheel sanding jig video. This is very helpful to me. I was trying to design one just a few days ago and this is the answer.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.