Author   Comment  
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #1 
My 3 year old granddaughter, Emma, loves her dolls. I was playing with her, with her Duplo set recently and asked if she'd like some more for her birthday, "No", she said, I want bunk beds for my Babas"! So I set to to make some.
Was rather pleased that I still had two pine safety rails in the loft, from my children's bunk beds, long ago sold or given away and these provided most of the material for the new, rather smaller, bunk beds. I did have to make the legs from some 2x4, but only because I messed up one of the original legs!

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: D75_3467.jpg, Views: 24, Size: 570.86 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_3470.jpg, Views: 24, Size: 489.29 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_3472.jpg, Views: 21, Size: 487.83 KB 

Cometoz

Reply with quote  #2 
Great bunk beds Tom - your little girl would definitely love them ... great work!!
Tony
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
Tom, this is a fabulous doll bunk bed. I love the design and workmanship. What size of doll fits the set?
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the kind comments. John, the internal dimensions were chosen to suit Emma's dolls (she has a few, now, the largest one determined the size!) and the bedding, which came from Amazon, giving a length of 18 inches and width of 11 inches. That resulted in external dimensions of 20 inches long, 13 inches wide and 18 inches high. I just made it up as I went along, really, although I did do a rough drawing of one end, to get me started.

Reply with quote  #5 
Very good bet she loves that. [thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #6 
Fantastic work Tom....looks absolutely amazing and my family couldn't believe that it's so small and made for dolls..... Are you making any other scaled down furniture.....for your granddaughters?
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks Dave, I've made a cot and a rocking cradle previously, it's all about her "babies" * at the moment, so I might end up making a high chair I guess!

* it was, until recently, "babas", but Emma is getting better with her words now!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.