Author   Comment  
craigrozema

Reply with quote  #1 
hi all, am new to the forum but have made multiple toys from the site. I really have enjoyed the muscle car builds and the super car hauler and the cars that come with it, but my frustration comes when I go to cut the roofs. and while I've gotten a roof on the various cars I've built I am far from happy with them. so I was wondering if anyone has some tips on cutting those on a scroll saw. I've tried cutting them individually I've tried gluing them up before they are cut but I just can get a consistent cut (some are too thick, some are too thin and they break, the lines don't match etc. etc.) IMG_4762.jpg  IMG_4763.jpg  IMG_4764.jpg  IMG_4765.jpg 
Trav

Reply with quote  #2 
Do you have a benchtop sander of some sort? When I have to laminate pieces together I generally have to sand them to get them to the same shape.

craigrozema

Reply with quote  #3 
I have a drum sander for the drill press but when ive tried to use that I feel like I have no control over the work piece since they get so thin.
Trav

Reply with quote  #4 
Hmmm, yeah, I can see that. I have a small spindle sander that works pretty well but I can see how the drill press attachment is probably a little harder to work with.

obxwoodtoys

Reply with quote  #5 
I would cut out the whole car then cut the roof off then just sand the inside that way the outside is the the same if you could use a small band saw
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.