Author   Comment  
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, this is my latest build the Cat Backhoe Loader, great plan to work with and build.

110_0064.jpg  110_0065.jpg  110_0067.jpg 

LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice
flamepainter

Reply with quote  #3 
This is one really nice looking backhoe/loader. I really like the choice of woods you used and the treads on the tires too. Great Job![thumb]
Jim
Wombat

Reply with quote  #4 
Another superb piece of work!  
Using solid timber for the body instead of layered 1/2" pieces makes all the difference when clear-finished. 
I have had these plans for a while now, looking at them now and again.  I had mulled over building one for my son-in-law for Christmas, (he drives one at his work), but I was put off by the unrealistic store-bought road wheels. 
You have shown me what a difference that REAL tractor wheels make, and I am now re-inspired. Thanks to your previous post on making wheels for tractors, I reckon I could give it a go now.
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftFinger
Nice

Thanks LeftFinger for youe comment.
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamepainter
This is one really nice looking backhoe/loader. I really like the choice of woods you used and the treads on the tires too. Great Job![thumb]
Jim

Thank you Jim for your comment look better with tractor wheels.
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat
Another superb piece of work!  
Using solid timber for the body instead of layered 1/2" pieces makes all the difference when clear-finished. 
I have had these plans for a while now, looking at them now and again.  I had mulled over building one for my son-in-law for Christmas, (he drives one at his work), but I was put off by the unrealistic store-bought road wheels. 
You have shown me what a difference that REAL tractor wheels make, and I am now re-inspired. Thanks to your previous post on making wheels for tractors, I reckon I could give it a go now.

Thank you Wombat yes the wheel makes a different it was my plan to change the wheel when I brought the plans. I pleased you are re-inspired, go for it and surprise your son-in-law.

I'm now about to change the backhoe, I've put the arm with the name Cat on it the wrong side of the Swivel piece as in image 3 which means the bucket is not centered, not really a problem but look better. Ted 

Peter V

Reply with quote  #8 
very nice looking.

shedbuddie, can you pse give the link tot the tractor-wheel-making (again?)

Reply with quote  #9 
That is one fine piece of work and I agree the threaded tires make all the difference.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #10 
This is some fine modeling shedbuddie. The custom tires you created are a real plus.The whole project is just splendid.
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter V
very nice looking.

shedbuddie, can you pse give the link tot the tractor-wheel-making (again?)

Hello Peter thanks for your comment here's a link: 

ToymakingPlans.com Community Forum > Categories > All Other Wood Toy Projects > How I make rear tractor wheels with lugs
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
This is some fine modeling shedbuddie. The custom tires you created are a real plus.The whole project is just splendid.

Thank you John, A nice plan to work with and thanks for using it on your latest Ad. looking good 
I'd like to query part 7 on the plan I sure it should read Make 7 not 5.
Ted
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy builder Bob
That is one fine piece of work and I agree the threaded tires make all the difference.

Thanks, Yes the tyres highlight it some what I think.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.