Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #16 
It's been so long since I made this Toy, I can't remember if I found the same problem, All I can say is that as with all the toys I have made, none of them come out perfect without maybe a bit of jigging to suit. It's always going to be a problem when you add friction into the mix, I think I would use slightly thicker Dowell.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #17 
Hi all. I want to apologize to all of you for erroneously erasing a series of posts about the wheels not matching the craftparts.com wheels posted by jmattsson and discussed with badbob. That was unfortunate but I have been distracted for a few weeks remodeling my house. 

This plan was not designed by toymakingplans.com. It is a beautiful design but obviously wasn't thoroughly proofed for errors. We posted it on our site as a courtesy to another internet toy designer. Sadly, we did not proof it before publishing it on our site. We will review the plan carefully and bring it up to our quality standards. 

It will be a few days before I can get to it and hopefully with all of your input from this forum thread we can get it up to snuff!
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #18 
When you think about the vast number of wonderful toy plans that John has on his fantastic website, it's very rare to come across any mistakes in the plans, as toy makers, if we come across a problem and manage to solve it, it makes you feel like you have accomplished something.
jmattsson

Reply with quote  #19 
John, thank you for adding this post.  It means a great deal to me that there is a place for the toy makers to post advice to others as we go about building these toys.  I was surprised when I discovered these errors as it is, as you so rightly point out, not up to the usual toy making standards we have all come to know and respect.  I have found this website a great resource and will continue to avail myself of it plans and promote its use to others.  This post from you John shows you are standup guy; I respect that.
Jim Mattsson
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.