Author   Comment  
Colin Marshall_Toymaker

Reply with quote  #1 
DSCN2014.jpg  DSCN2015.jpg  DSCN2016.jpg  DSCN2017.jpg  DSCN2018.jpg  DSCN2019.jpg  DSCN2020.jpg  DSCN2021.jpg  DSCN2022.jpg 

Colin Marshall - Toymaker
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
What a great choice for a holiday toy gift and this is some clean and careful detailing and painting. What type of paint did you use? I like the finish. Is the tree glued together or is it made so you can take it apart and store it flat in a box with the ornament-toys?
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #3 
Great colours lovely tree and with extras[thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Colin Marshall_Toymaker

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
What a great choice for a holiday toy gift and this is some clean and careful detailing and painting. What type of paint did you use? I like the finish. Is the tree glued together or is it made so you can take it apart and store it flat in a box with the ornament-toys?

G'day John,

The painting is all done free hand with a brush. The paint is 250ml sample pots (various brands) of acrylic paint that have been mix for "Bunnings Warehouse" customers and then been rejected. Bunnings then put them on a table for clearance @ $AU3.00 per pot. I have many of these little pots and if I do not have the colour that I am looking for I can always mix my own from the many colours that do I have. I buy 500ml tins of Cabots acrylic interior clear finish and brush it on for the final coats. 500mls last along time. Any larger and I find that it tends to start going off before the end of the tin.

The tree is made so that you can take it apart and store it away flat in a box.

Colin Marshall - Toymaker
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.