Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Peter B

Reply with quote  #16 
I have been painting all of mine with a brush and then sprayed a clear gloss enamel over the top to smooth out the brush lines. It may help but not sure in your case but worth a thought. Either way you have one fantastic car.
Essess

Reply with quote  #17 
Thanks, I may try that...I don't like the brush lines in the finish. What about repainting the whole thing with enamel?
Peter B

Reply with quote  #18 
I think to repaint at this stage would take away the effort that you have done so far. If you plan on building another then maybe approach the painting from a diiferent angle of enamel. I paint with craft shop acrylic paint and because it doesn't shine, i then spray the clear gloss over it. But with all painting it can be trial and error or can be a hit straight off but also can be a personal satisfaction as it sounds like you are where it almost hits the mark but its not quite there. Hope i didn't rattle on to much
Essess

Reply with quote  #19 
I will gladly take any tips I can get.........especially about painting. The only thing I would have to do is tape off the windshield, everything else wouldn't be much of an issue.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #20 
Essess,

Looks good my friend. I may have missed it but did you had shape the car (like sanding? ) or use something like a Dremel tool ? Just curious as I bet this took a good long while to sculpt out the design.

As far as painting, if you have not checked out the hints and tips section I believe there are several painting tips. One that comes to mind is the late "Ken Martain" he had a several step process to get to the finished product. If you look at some of his posts with finished toy's you will see the great paint job he achieved.

Anyway thanks for sharing and keep the toy's coming  LOL

Reply with quote  #21 
Thanks much!! I used a Dremel with a sanding drum, a small rasp I have modified, and sandpaper to do all the shaping. It actually works fairly fast....keeping things proportional is the challenge for me.
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #22 
Wow that turned out to be a good looking car. It does look like a cobra.
Good job.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Andrey

Reply with quote  #23 
машина супер!!!
Essess

Reply with quote  #24 
A little more progress on the paint.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 24, Size: 1015.93 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 25, Size: 949.13 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 25, Size: 1.13 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 24, Size: 983.67 KB 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #25 
Looking good!
Peter B

Reply with quote  #26 

Had to put my sunglasses on. Looking very sharp [cool]

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.