Author   Comment  
AJ

Reply with quote  #1 
G'Day Everyone,
I have been a member for some time but this is my first post.
A bit of background about myself, My wife have spent the last 15 years making jewel boxes and supplying market stalls and Galleries.
My wife did all the hard work,Burnishing and finishing the boxes, I just built them.
She has a form of Rheumatoid arthritis and it got to the stage she was battling with the boxes so I decided a change was needed and as I always made a few toys we went that way,She keeps telling me I am too heavy handed with the sand paper but with the toys oil is the only finish so a scratch or two don't show.
I have recently been re tooling my workshop and found These Hole saws and Bought a couple to try. 
They are CMT tungsten bit saws and cut the hardest wood like Butter, They are not cheap so I have only bought sizes I use for the toys.
They are bloody amazing, Cut well and don't burn, with the design they only have 3 teeth.
The biggest I have is 90mm  that I use to cut the base for my stacker blocks the smallest 30mm for wheels. 
Here is a link for a Utube video about them. 

Bucko

Reply with quote  #2 
Quite interesting, I’m in the market for a hole saw kit.
AJ

Reply with quote  #3 
G'Day Bucko,
They are great, cuts down wheel making time dramatically, They inside cut is about 3mm or 1/8 inch smaller than the outer hole size if that makes sense.
To cut a 90mm wheel I use a 94 hole cutter. 
You will buy them a lot cheaper than I can I recon as they are made in the U.S.

cmtusa.com is there web site

Andrew
Bucko

Reply with quote  #4 
3 bits and and center ordered for me as Christmas gift from Woodline-$53.00 US total to my door. Most likely less than your cost AJ, these will be used for different varieties of wood other than store bought Maple. Interesting timing on this thread as I just borrowed a bit to cut 44 qty. 1 1/2” wheels.
Cometoz

Reply with quote  #5 
I use a 100mm one regularly for large wheels and then cut angled kerfs in them for off-road treads - they are fabulous!

Have used them on merbau, hard rock maple and provides a clean cut - great!!
I agree about the price in Ox though ... through the roof!!

T
Greg Farr

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi AJ

Thanks for sharing

what is the diameter of the arbour's drill bit, I cant find that info on the web
AJ

Reply with quote  #7 
G'Day Greg.
The drill bit is 6mm/ 1/4 Inch

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.