Beginner
Hi one & all,
I have been away from the forum for months, and on my return I am rather dismayed to discover that the Cnc discussions have been deleted/discontinued [confused]

Ok,
my question is this, are there any members that can converse with me via email(hopefully that is not against the rules, in these circumstances)and advise me on a few queries I am having trouble with.
Thanks.
Eric
wmgeorge1
Hi Eric -

I ask that question also and John replied about the Forum.

Now I would be more than happy to have you contact me about CNC

Bill
Beginner
Hi wmgeorge1
How will we go about this then?
Do you need my contact details or....
Thanks for the offer of help.
Eric.
wmgeorge1
Just shoot me an email bill@wildwoodcarving.com .... will try and answer what  I can for you.
Beginner
Can I put email details on here?
Eric
Loggerlaws
Hi Eric and wmgeorge1,
I also noticed all references to CNCing and all the posts and all the pictures about CNC on this forum have been wiped off as though this is a bad word and way to build toys.
Loggerlaws
Maybe the Forum site has been hacked.
wmgeorge1
I spoke with John, they are revamping the website and there are certain categories that will not be returning.
Loggerlaws
Hi,
You know what, you are not a toy maker unless you use a bow saw, a spoke shave, rip saw, a brace and bit or a coping saw. We don't use type writers to reply to this forum. Most toy makers are using table saws, band saws, scroll saws, sanders, electric drills, drill presses etc. CNC is the next step in the process of working with timber. What do people say about water cutting, laser cutting or 3D printing. I can still make toys in the day light with my hand tools when the power goes off for a week.
I look forward to leaning new tips and photos from CNCers on this forum, etc.

AJ
G'Day,
I also miss the other toys that forum members Had made That were not from Johns plans,
this was one of the few forums where we could get feedback and ideas from people with a like interest in toy making.
Aj
Loggerlaws
Hi AJ,

That's what I like about this sites forum also. It's not only about Toymaking Plans but toy makers sharing tips, jigs, tricks, wood, and machines.

Cheers
Beginner
Good Morning everyone.
Sorry, but I was not trying to stir things up, or criticise in any way whatsoever, this site or the owners(John & Cynthia)I think they both do a wonderful job as do all of the contributors to the site.
My only problem is that I am nowhere near as competent with the tools that you all use, & I was hoping to still be involved in toy making, but just utilising "other tools"(Cnc machines), and would be grateful for any assistance/advice in that particular field.
Cheers.
Eric.
BadBob
I had not noticed that some categories were missing. I have broken bookmarks, which is a bit disappointing. It goes back to my old rule that if it is on the internet and you want to keep it save a copy.
cynthia lewman
Thank you for everyone's valuable feedback regarding the Forum and specifically the CNC Category that we've currently disabled. We take your feedback seriously and are committed to providing a fun and informative community Forum.

We haven't sent out an official announcement yet but in the coming weeks John and I will be launching a new website that we're very excited about. It'll include the capability for customers to create accounts that will archive their purchases and download links. We're also going to launch a new digital magazine called, "Wood Toy Weekly" that we think you'll enjoy. In the coming months we'll be introducing lots of new features to ToymakingPlans.com.

The Forum will also get a new updated look as we work towards providing our customers with focused information on how to build toys using ToymakingPlans.com PDF toy plans. As we go through this transition there may be updates to features you're familiar with and also new additions based on customer feedback. Thank you for being loyal customers. John and I are committed to bringing you the best toymaking information and plan sets that will be focused on you, our customers.

Cheers,
Cynthia
Wombat
To the CNC machine fans out there, going forward, I suggest you still post about using CNC to make toys,  just use the "Discuss Tools and Machinery" category.
Or, if it is a ToymakingPlans toy being produced, put it in that category with a "  - CNC"  added in the title for help to those searching.

It is, after all, just another tool, and the lack of a dedicated category should not stop those who use them from sharing the knowledge with those who would like to.

If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well