Author   Comment  
Lexie

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All, I am Lexie Harvey, semi retired photographer interested in woodworking! I made my first toy a year and a half ago..a sailboat. I enjoyed that but changed my style to rustic, home decor and desktop products. I moved to home decor to appeal to a broader market. Plus i feel the "man cave" market appeals to both men and the women who try and come up with something "manly" for their guy's gifts. I make, wall mount bottle openers, rustic flags, a desk tower stand -for glasses-usb-keys etc, beer totes etc.

The COVID virus caused the government to close my very first woodworking show 2 days before my local event. I have no place to sell my items, so i set up a room in my home to wait for the virus scare to end and be able to attend local shows. No, i can't really sell my products online...yet, but i will make an online store after i get some experience in booth sales under my belt. I have sold the rustic USA flags to friends. I do not paint with stencils, the stars are hand carved with a rotary tool.
"Everything i know about woodworking-I learned from Youtube" and tips and tricks from this forum!
Harvey Wolf Brand Woodworking   (it's my family name and company name)
1 FLAGS on Fencelowres.jpg  Home lores best Showroom.jpg  8 flag draw starslores.jpg  B1 bottle opene fence1.jpg  A1 glass fence low res.jpg  A4 glasses brown props.jpg

LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #2 
That's amazing Lexie . I am sure you will do well after the quarantine lifts
cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
Your work is beautiful, Lexi! Your flags are really wonderful. Hopefully things will start improving in our communities soon. I know your work will really sell.
Grandpa Bear

Reply with quote  #4 
A good product will always sell, and these look great. The US flags are stunning.

Be patient, these will fly I'm sure, if I was American, I'd want one for sure,

Thanks for showing your display of items, lovely, best wishes from the UK, Nick
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
Your wood art is truly museum quality. I am confident your sales will return as soon as you can get out to the shows. The best of luck to you. 
Lexie

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you all for the encouragement! I do think my products will sell, but waiting another couple months for the virus to go away is disheartening. I am aiming for summertime gift items, 4th of July BBQ tool rack, beer totes, the rustic USA flag, etc, so i hope i have a chance for some craft shows then. I torch burn most of my items to make them even more rustic. Here is a BBQ tool rack i made for my brother..... (i drop out the backgrounds to white in photoshop for a "catalog" look i will eventually use online)email 2 RAKE BBQ.jpg  email Jims BBQ Set.jpg
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.