Author   Comment  
levy.jr02

Reply with quote  #1 

cruel doubts

Would you help me?

Can anyone tell me how the colored drawings are transferred to wooden toys below?

What is the technique that is used to transfer the same, in fact, be adhesive, or silk screen printing?

Does anyone have any materials, video, photos, articles that can provide demonstrating how they do, or anything about it?

Thank you!

Best regards:
Levi

2.jpg  4.jpg  5 especial.jpg  11.png  3.jpg  1.jpg  9.jpg  8.jpg 

Atenciosamente;
Levy Junnior

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Levi,

You ask important questions and there is a way for you to achieve these results at home. The images you provided are all toys made in quantities so they are not hand painted. They each are made by gluing a paper print to the wood then coating it with a clear coat.

The images are created by hand or with a computer drawing program like Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop. The image file is saved on the computer then it is printed out full size on a home computer printer. Carpenter's white glue can be thinned with water and then applied to the paper image which is then pressed onto the wood. The wood must be perfectly clean and it is best to wipe it clean first with alchohol on a rag. A hair dry is used gently to speed up the drying. Finally, a clear coat of spray paint or a brush coat of clear polyurethane is applied to protect the image.

A good way to add efficiency to the process is to apply the images before you scroll saw out the parts to shape. This will require the clear finish to be applied before sawing to shape. Apply 3 light coats letting each coat dry completely. Once the part is cut to shape there will be a little scuffing of the clear coat. This is easily corrected by added a couple of more coats of clear.

This video shows the process.

levy.jr02

Reply with quote  #3 

John Lewman , thanks to that ! the video and what you have written , reminds me of decoupage process ( decoupage paper on wood) . Therefore , the processes are very similar. It's the same thing?

Once again , thank you! [smile]

Atenciosamente;
Levy Junnior

john lewman

Reply with quote  #4 
Well, I have overlooked the obvious. You are exactly right. This is the identical process to decoupage paper on wood. I you are interested, send an email to me at this email address and I will share with you some of the things we are planning with this process. 
levy.jr02

Reply with quote  #5 

Once again thank you! That's cool, I really want to know . I sent him a message.

I look forward, awaiting!

Thank you!

Atenciosamente;
Levy Junnior

levy.jr02

Reply with quote  #6 

I look forward, awaiting!

Thank you!

Atenciosamente;
Levy Junnior

john lewman

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Levi,

This is my email address: johnwlewman@gmail.com. Please send to me an email from you to this address and I will send to your email a plan set that uses this decoupage process.
mrsn

Reply with quote  #8 
I love the simplicity of the d├ęcoupage process. I cant wait to see what you do with it.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.