Author   Comment  
jamieline

Reply with quote  #1 
When using a bandsaw to cut in thicker wood, how do you ensure a cut that is not angled?
dmjones

Reply with quote  #2 
It sounds like your table is not square to the blade. Get a small square and set it on the table just touching the blade. It should be perfectly aligned. If not, adjust the table so it lines up. Hope this helps.
jamieline

Reply with quote  #3 
table is square.
When I cut out some parts in 1 1/2 material with arcs it comes out angled. Have tried 1/8 blades but just may be me pushing and not letting the blade cut.

I have seen some bandsaw attachment to help and was wondering if anyone has used one.

Thanks
Bucko

Reply with quote  #4 
Did the saw cut square before ? Is the blade staying centered on your drive and idler wheels ? If not centered possibly what they call co-planer needs done to align upper and lower wheels. Try the longest square you can fit on your blade/ table to checkk blade to table squareness. http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/library/manuals/rikon/bandsaw_blade_selection_guide.pdf
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #5 
Jamieline.  Do not fret @  this is a natural occurance when using a bandsaw.  Assuming that everything is square and level pushing too fast will cause blade to slant.  Especially a 1/8 blade which I use.  I onced watched a vidio about how to compensate for this phenomeon (sp?) but it was too complicated for this toymaker.  Check the "you tube" for "Cutting with Bandsaws" and perhaps yu can find it and make head and tails of it.  When i need to make sure larger parts are perfectly sq I use the radial saw and table saw.  Cutting slots (like on the X-Wing plan) give me fits also.  Forgot to mention - make sure the blade rollers are a "paper thickness" from blade.  Good luck.
jamieline

Reply with quote  #6 
My thoughts have been trying to cut too fast and twisting the blade too much. this is happening when cutting arcs so radial or table saw would not work such as cutting the Play Pals.
toolow

Reply with quote  #7 
Make sure that you have good tension on the blade otherwise it will flex when pushing corners.  That and slow down as not to flex the blade out of the roller/block guides!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.