Author   Comment  
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #1 
We hope to launch this toward the end of the week. Cynthia is proofing the plan set and preparing the email promotion today and tomorrow.

cynthia pony walker for forum.jpg

GGPA

Reply with quote  #2 
These should go over well, look well built will stand up well to toddlers. They will need to be lol.
well done guys.

Reply with quote  #3 
Another beautiful kiddies toy, it looks as though the paint job was done before assembly. I have no idea how you achieve that quality of finish, when I do that, I always seem to damage the paint when applying clamps  and removing squeeze out glue. Must say, Cynthia looks very happy to show them off, well done and may the Gods smile on you at the point of sale, you deserve it for all the effort 

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for your kind feedback. The base is not attached. It is just to enhance the presentation. Cynthia suggested it would confuse people and it looks like she is right! I thought the reflections were cool.

To prevent damaging the paint use a board under the clamp face that is as large aspossible, very smooth and had rounded edges.This will prevent the clamp face from leaving scars in the paint. And the paint must be bone dry.

When it is very humid I dry the paint bone dry in a small tent with a dehumidifier.
Iggy

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the painting tips John, you hit the nail on the head (Let the paint dry thoroughly) I tend to jump on the project after an hour or two, big mistake. After I sent the last message, I had a look at earlier postings and realised that there is a degree of steering in the design and so dawned the fact that the baseboard was mearly a presentation aid. Back to the paint, I am guessing you have a spray booth. That would be wonderful, but I have only a small shop making it impossible. I tend to use contrasting woods to enhance my projects and paint them with a child friendly and very watery clear decking paint. It works very well but forget the gloss. 

Reply with quote  #6 
They look excellent the kiddies we'll love um.[thumb][thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.