Author   Comment  
BadBob

Reply with quote  #1 
When you are applying decals to booth sides of a piece how do you get the decals aligned?
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

moise

Reply with quote  #2 
Cut both of the decal square, make sure you line up the edge on one side of the decal on the edge of a striaight piece of wood , then flip it over and match the same edge with the other decal.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #3 
That worked. Not perfect but it worked. The most difficult part was cutting the decal square. I had an issue with the paper swelling/stretching once the glue was applied. 

Now to figure out how to align them when you don't have a straight edge.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #4 
BadBob

I had the same issues.  I just cut the paper decal with a straight edge and an e-xaco knife.  Then if you have at least two edges of your toy, and the decal at 90 degrees, then when you place the top and back they should match.

When I have the top on, sometimes a use a square and draw a line around the piece so I know where the back side will line up.
If you see the aliment is not good, cut with a little more space.  For example: the giraffe's head is very close, so sometimes I leave a little more room around the head when cutting.  So what if you have another color around the head, call it a hello if you like.[rofl] 

Keep trying different things until you are comfortable with the process and it works best for you.

Having fun making toys, and seeing the big smiles on the little ones faces.  

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.