Author   Comment  
denis_muras

Reply with quote  #1 
I have been working on a set of Jeep that Osni Chioveto designed and marketed through Toymaking Plans. Here are some pictures of the parade...

Enjoy!!
Jeep 1.jpg  Jeep 2.jpg  Jeep 3.jpg  Jeep 4.jpg  Jeep 5.jpg  Jeep 6.jpg  Jeep 7.jpg  Jeep 8.jpg  Jeep 9.jpg  Jeep Fleet 1 .jpg  Jeep Fleet 2.jpg  Jeep Fleet 3.jpg  Jeep Fleet 4.jpg  Jeep Patterns.jpg

Wombat

Reply with quote  #2 
Wow!
What an epic task!
Whilst I also find it easier to build in small batches, the thought of tackling 20+ at a time is daunting. All those little bits to keep track of, etc, the production planning becomes as much a part of the job as the build itself.  I have no doubt that the last one will turn out as beautifully executed as the first three.
Thanks for the step-by-step pic spread too.

I presume you have a captive market for this fleet?   You will have enough to become a toy "arms dealer" to a small country. [biggrin]
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 

Denis, these wood toy jeeps are just fantastic and your output is mind-blowing. 

eburres

Reply with quote  #4 
Wow! That's some production line going on. The end products are top notch. And I thought making 3 or 4 at a time was hard! I tip my hat to you, sir!
kstano83

Reply with quote  #5 
This is jaw-dropping. AMAZING!
denis_muras

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat
Wow!
What an epic task!
Whilst I also find it easier to build in small batches, the thought of tackling 20+ at a time is daunting. All those little bits to keep track of, etc, the production planning becomes as much a part of the job as the build itself.  I have no doubt that the last one will turn out as beautifully executed as the first three.
Thanks for the step-by-step pic spread too.

I presume you have a captive market for this fleet?   You will have enough to become a toy "arms dealer" to a small country. [biggrin]

Thanks Wombat,

I sometimes go crazy and start cutting and using up my scrap.

I am trying to build an inventory before I try a craft show. I also have a lead on a consignment store as well. 

Denis
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #7 
Denis, if you do not mind personal question, what is the price that you get or are anticipating they will bring.  I know it is different in every area.   That has been my biggest challenge going to shows and planning building schedue.  Seems like nothing is ever the same.  Great build !    PaPa Jack
flamepainter

Reply with quote  #8 
These Jeeps are truly amazing! Very nice craftsmanship! I hope when the time comes that I can make them as nice. Great Job!
Jim
Lexie

Reply with quote  #9 
Those look great! I also agree with a production line method. For me 12 is enough (10 to sell, 1 for me to keep as a sample and one to give as a gift) before i get bored and want to make a different item. But for items like that Jeep i can see that 20 maybe the right amount because you know those will sell quickly!
marter1229

Reply with quote  #10 
Nicely done, they are amazing!

Reply with quote  #11 
BTW i am a big fan of those Osni wheels. They look sturdy, modern, sporty. A good design that appeals to teens and adults as well as kids, and no messing with tire treads that never match up, or those"sandwiched" style tires that use 2-3 cut wheels.
denis_muras

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa Jack
Denis, if you do not mind personal question, what is the price that you get or are anticipating they will bring.  I know it is different in every area.   That has been my biggest challenge going to shows and planning building schedue.  Seems like nothing is ever the same.  Great build !    PaPa Jack
denis_muras

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa Jack
Wombat

Reply with quote  #14 
Arrrghhh!   I can resist anything except temptation.
Just gone and purchased a set of these plans myself, such an inspirational post.
Also thinking of my son's recent new car purchase where the dealer gave him a nice gift upon collection, and my thoughts turned to the local Jeep dealers.... I may hawk a few around them.

Thanks Denis
denis_muras

Reply with quote  #15 
Hello PaPa Jack,

As for expected price, I would like to get about $40to $45 each. I will need talk to a store about consignment and see it that is  good price.

Thanks for asking.

denis_muras
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.