Author   Comment  
levy.jr02

Reply with quote  #1 

I'm from Brazil, and beginner in the area, I dream of a plant in Brazil, made my business plan, so I finish college administration, I will make the . toy course will start making my toys and sells it for my site. I'm using the google translator to try to understand what you write (laughs).

I have another cruel doubt!
The attached photo is of bolts, is like screws to the wheels of trucks. Are the parts that almost "all" used to put the wheels in trucks, cars, and more. I do not know how to make these wooden sticks. I do not find a particular machine that does this, I have to buy them ready and are expensive.
Let me know some machine? or you also buy it ready?
If you know of any machine Please send the video link, or the picture or the site, among other things.

Are the rods that you use to attach the wheels in vehicles? could direct me to a machine for me to make them? or all of you already buy them ready?

Or are other types of rods you use?
Are the cavilha.png 

Atenciosamente;
Levy Junnior

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
Levi-jr02,

I suspect most of us just purchase the DOWELS as it is quick and easy to finish a toy.
You might look and see if you can find what we call AXEL pegs they are much smaller and cost less "usually"

There is a way to make your own DOWELS from square pieces. If i can find a picture I'll post it later.

But basically you take a piece of metal bar say 16 gage thickness and you drill a hole the size of the dowel rod you want for your toy.

then you take the square wood piece and align it up on the round hole and start tapping the square wood through the round hole. this will give you a rough rounded dowel rod that you would then sand down to fit.

this is a fairly easy way (with some work) to make your own dowel rods. hopefully this makes sense

Some one may find a picture before I do but it is a fairly common item here.

Also you could use a drill and put the small piece of wood in the drill and using a chisel (or sharpened screwdriver ) to rough out your small wood piece to size or just use sandpaper on the piece as it turns..

here are 2 links on what i'm talking about both youtube videos you can make your own fairly straight forward. hope this helps

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR9-gdNdZAA"
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pePDGQ20g08"

Reply with quote  #3 
ed357swThank you very much. You're 10!

Atenciosamente;
Levy Junnior

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.