Author   Comment  
mlusk123

Reply with quote  #1 
I have a 1/2 chuck on my drill press. I was wondering if anyone knows what they call you can put in your chuck so it will handle much smaller drill bits? Any links and pics would greatly be appreciated. 

Thank you and God Bless,
Michael Lusk

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 
Disabled Vet Woodworking Hobbyist

BadBob

Reply with quote  #2 
This might work for you.

A
lso a dremel tool is probably a better solution. It has other uses.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Greg

Reply with quote  #3 
http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.ca/2017_12_18_archive.html   have a look at this it might be what you are looking for

mlusk123

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Greg. I am familiar with Steve G. , it states the page doesn't exist anymore. 

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 

harry

Reply with quote  #5 
I am unsure if you are attempting to use your drill press to make entry holes or not. Try Seyco .com they have a Scrollers drill made specifically for this purpose which could have been the link for Scrollsaw Workshop, another website you might find useful is Micro Mark’s .
Greg

Reply with quote  #6 
ok  try going to his blog page  scroll down to archives click on Dec 18   or try   Seyco Scrollers Drill
BadBob

Reply with quote  #7 
A Dremel with a plunge router base is cheaper and more versatile the the scrollers drill sold by Seyco. Just install a drill bit instead of a router bit. There is also a drill press stand for the Dremel. Be sure you get a Dremel and not one of the knock offs or you will be doomed to accessories that don't quite fit right or not at all. Been there done that. You can make your own. There are a bunch of drill presses and router bases on YouTube.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

harry

Reply with quote  #8 
I agree with BadBob Dremel is on sale and far more versatile than a scrollers drill
jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #9 
+1 on the Dremel tool.  Dremel also sells bits that are specific to the tool that go all the way down to 1/32 ".  Very affordable
mlusk123

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks, folks. I do have the Dremel setup and a lot of the accessories. I did need to get the collets and nut for the Dremel drill press for the special drill bits waiting for them to be delivered. I won't buy those 2nd party company accessories for the Dremel, they just don't stand up to the original. And I don't mind giving my business to Dremel at all.  Appreciate all the advice and I did take and use it.  I just started using all Dremel stuff after the decision to start making toys. I got the plunge router, the drill press, the extended cord sander, all sorts of things. I still need to read the instructions on most of it. I got the Dremel 4000 and from what I understand the 4300 is much quieter to use. I might consider that when the price drops a bit.  However, I know they make an adapter for the 1/2 inch chuck, I just need to find it. 

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 

BadBob

Reply with quote  #11 
There are companies that make some very nice accessories for a Dremel such as the Veritas Plunge Base for Rotary Tools and  the Precision Router Base.  Someone makes a very nice drill press too but I can't remember who. 
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

mlusk123

Reply with quote  #12 
Good to know Bob. Thanks for your answers here on the forum.

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 

pdaunno

Reply with quote  #13 
+1 on the Dremel.  I have made probably 10,000 Christmas ornaments over the years and 95% of the entry holes were drilled with my Dremel.  It finally gave out on me about a year ago and I got a replacement for Christmas this year.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.