Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
IanPlant

Reply with quote  #16 
No 2.

On this one i added a two tone cord/twine that my son had left over from is present wrapping

The needles are attached with a cocktail stick through the side. I drilled a 1/2 in deep hole in the end with a 1/6" drill bit (i think it was), then 1/4 of an inch down i drilled another hole roughly the width of a cocktail stick through the side of the doweling . With the twine i put the end in my vice and un-raveled it a bit and put some superglue on the sprayed it with a hardener the cut it off to about 1/4" then packed it into the hole at the end before driving a a cocktail stick through to hold it in place (trimmed off and sanded smooth)

IMG_2120.JPG

One of the reasons i use wedges to attach my wheels (made out of coffee stirring sticks) is my grandson likes to take everything out of my room that i'm building at the moment and he knows they should have wheels (which are becoming in short supply as i need to order or make some in the new year). This enables me to dismantle them easily when he goes home

Reply with quote  #17 
Ran out of the wheels i was using so I used 1 1/2" treaded wheels which also make them more stable

IMG_2122.JPG 

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.