Author   Comment  
Douglas

Reply with quote  #1 
My wife has a friend whom is giving birth to a baby girl at Easter , so we gave birth to this ,as a present . Not bad ,is it . ??  Douglas

Scroll Saw Magic Bunny Basket

S1490004.JPG

Camnight

Reply with quote  #2 
Well done Douglas looks good, I am sure they will like it. George
Udie

Reply with quote  #3 
Douglas -  Perfect timing for making and giving this wonderful toy. You have done a terrific job.
It will be a family heirloom. Did you sign it and date?
Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #4 
Douglas
Nice paint job, and I like the holes in the side of the body for detail.
You are doing a very nice thing.
Thanks for sharing.

pdaunno

Reply with quote  #5 
Excellent job Douglas and it's nice to see a toy that a girl will certainly love to play with.

Reply with quote  #6 
Thankyou everyone for your positive comments ...we don't see many girlie toys displayed . Douglas
Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Douglas

Paint any toy pink and there you go.

It is fun to watch the little ones, boys and girls, when they are still at the age to play with toys.  Doesn't matter color or type of toy.

We have seen at the craft shows the really young kids all seem to like the toys whether they are trucks, tractors, trains, or an Easter Bunny Basket like you just made. What draws them the most is the bright colors. Girls and Boys like them all, until they get a little older and learn there is a difference between the genders. Then it is almost to late anyway, because they will be into their electronic toys.

Then we will want to go to Doll Houses and educational toys like the Noah's Ark maybe.

Just a thought, from watching them play with the toys at Craft Shows, and how our families kids play with the toys.

Again you Easter Bunny Basket looks really good.  Thanks for sharing.

Douglas

Reply with quote  #8 
Ken ...yes I reckon you are right in what you say . I keep looking from a "boys" point of view ........Like we do . Douglas
ctowne

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Douglas -
Nice bunny.  Very cute and the finish is perfect (as always) [smile].  This look like something that is relatively easy to build.  Is that true.  Parents are looking for alternatives to candy on many of the seasons.  Ken and I were talking that we needed to think ahead at least 3 months (at least for me) on holidays.  This is a perfect little gift!!!
Cindy
Douglas

Reply with quote  #10 
Cindy , thank you for the compliment .You turn out good work yourself too . It "is"  easy to make ...I think painting it was the worst for me , because of the multi colours , and the lack of patience that I have waiting for the paint to dry . The difficulty was self induced because of this ,and I had to sand back and repaint some parts because I tried to move on with the job too quickly .  The project can be adjusted to suit your needs really . I mean , as it stands it is an Easter project ...but you don't need a cart with the eggs ...the bunny is nice on its own .....it doesn't need wheels ..... even a single cut bunny out of 3/4 mdf will stand on its own . With this in mind ..it can be an all year round project ...and made very cheaply . I used a band saw to cut it out ,because then you can stack cut without worrying too much about the difference in cut from top to bottom ,as you do get stack cutting with a scroll saw .  Talk soon ,   Best wishes Douglas
TommyT

Reply with quote  #11 
Very nice job Douglas!  I really like this pattern and the colors are outstanding!!!

Thanks M8!

Reply with quote  #12 
Tommy ,   thankyou very much for your nice comments,    Douglas
Wholesaletoys

Reply with quote  #13 
Nice bunny, very nice work.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #14 
nicely done [thumb]

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.