Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
calhanton

Reply with quote  #16 
Thanks Cynthia
Always concerned about the weight of toys and younger children. Awaiting the chance to order as already have two 2 year olds who will be delighted. With three trucks I can have three years of Birthdays sorted. I've always wanted to have a wooden Tonks Toy alternative.
Cal
rob41245

Reply with quote  #17 

These photos show my attempt to duplicate your work and not quite getting there. 
However I'm using what I learned from my mistakes as I work on your latest more involved Super Mack Dump Truck.
Thanks for these great plans I'm really enjoying the challenges and what I'm learning attempting to recreate your magnificent models.

Rob DSC00001.jpg  DSC00012.jpg  DSC00027.jpg  DSC00030.jpg  DSC00052.jpg 

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00030.jpg, Views: 9, Size: 14.40 MB 

Bucko

Reply with quote  #18 
Amazing quality and build, Thanks for posting your project and I’ll look for more to view in the future.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #19 
Rob, I agree with Bucko. This is a perfect example of the toymaker's art. The colors and workmanship are superb. You've inspired us all with this one. Post as many step by step or completed photos as you wish. We have unlimited storage on the forum so there is room for about anything that you want to show and tell here!
Keith Harrison

Reply with quote  #20 
Hi Rob,
Very nice looking Truck. Love the addition of double rear wheels.

Keith
rob41245

Reply with quote  #21 
Thank you all for the great accolades. Your feedback and praise inspired me to advance to a slightly more involved SUPER GIANT MACK TRUCK, If all goes well I'll be able to post some photos before next weekend.
{That's assuming the latest Nor-easter doesn't drop a fourth heavy coating of double digit snow)

Thanks again for the very kind words.
Rob
cdhaddock

Reply with quote  #22 
when will these plans be offered for sale, I would like to get the 3 plan set.  I have most of you plans and hope to get back in my shop soon. I have not been in my shop 2010 due to a bad broken leg, almost lost the leg been learning how to walk again and I have lung problems. I hope and pray this will be the year I get back in it. 
cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #23 
Hi cdhaddock,

The plans are on our website and available for purchase:
http://www.toymakingplans.com/website/PlanSets/easybuildgiant_dirtloader_dumptruck.html

Cynthia
rob41245

Reply with quote  #24 
To cdhaddock: I made it back to my shop after 4 back operations (2 fusions). My spine looks like a failed erector set project on the x-rays) I find doing these "Toy Making Plans " very therapeutic with no stress or exertion on my healing vertebrae. Hang in there you'll be making these "Giant Trucks" very soon and won't want to stop, I'll be posting photos of my Giant Dump Truck very shortly.
Rob
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #25 
Great build looks fantastic. [thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
cdhaddock

Reply with quote  #26 
Roy Thank you for the good words, I know you are right. Have a good time working with the toys you do a great job. Have a blessed day
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.