Author   Comment  
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #1 
Just finished this one, another Christmas present. Great fun to build and should provide plenty of play!

King Ranch F-150 + Fantastic Farm Tractor & Trailer

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: D75_3755.jpg, Views: 77, Size: 653.45 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_3758.jpg, Views: 79, Size: 417.21 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_3759.jpg, Views: 70, Size: 478.02 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: D75_3760.jpg, Views: 74, Size: 373.02 KB 

Peter V

Reply with quote  #2 
Evening Tom,

looks very nice.

Do you have pictures of the building-process? How many hours did it take to build?

How did you make teh big wheels of the tractor?

What kind of paint did you use? I am asking this because, I become grandfather for the first time and I am thinking about using child-friendly paints. Over in the Netherlands I can only find such sort of paint by brand as Little Green and Farrow & Ball.
It seems - I red somewhere - that Rust-Oleum spray is also non-toxic.

Reply with quote  #3 
Well done. I made one a while back. It was a lot of fun to build. I am always impressed with how well everybody paints. Not won of my strong suits.
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter V
Evening Tom,

looks very nice.

Do you have pictures of the building-process? How many hours did it take to build?

How did you make teh big wheels of the tractor?

What kind of paint did you use? I am asking this because, I become grandfather for the first time and I am thinking about using child-friendly paints. Over in the Netherlands I can only find such sort of paint by brand as Little Green and Farrow & Ball.
It seems - I red somewhere - that Rust-Oleum spray is also non-toxic.

Hi Peter,

Sorry, my building process is too sporadic and chaotic for me to take pictures! I tend to have a couple of projects on the go, so don't really have an exact time scale, but the tractor and trailer was a fairly quick build, an hour or two here and there over about 3 weeks.
I used PlastiKote Fast Dry Project Enamel paint, brushed on. It's water based and safe on children's toys.
The tractor wheels were made in two parts, as per John's plan. I first cut the outer diameter on the bandsaw, using a home made circle cutting jig, then cut the centre out of it, using a hole saw, to form the tyre. The inner part of the wheel was then cut, again using the circle cutting jig, to fit inside the tyre.
I hope that helps.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.