Author   Comment  
moise

Reply with quote  #1 
More prototyped designs from the ToymakingPlans.com design team:

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 86, Size: 967.38 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 84, Size: 873.60 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpg, Views: 74, Size: 947.75 KB 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Moise, and thanks for posting Ericson's decoupage decal wood toy designs. Cynthia is having a lot of fun developing the new sister website PlayTimeToyPlans.com that will feature all decal decoupage toys.

Decoupage art is still alive and more so than ever. It has been popular for almost a hundred years and continues to grow and prosper. The dictionary definition of decoupage is from the French word d├ęcoupe, meaning to cut out.

Decoupage is a craft or art form that entails pasting cut-outs (typically paper) to an object and then covering them with several coats of clear finish. 
Decoupage is a fun and easy way to decorate just about any object. Cynthia's new website is dedicated exclusively to this type of toy.

I have reviewed Cynthia's new site and it looks pretty exciting. All of the toy plans are completely new designs and are Ericson San Diego's and Ramil Boquiren's best work to date. They have created designs for us for several years and we consider them among the best wood toy designers we have ever had the pleasure of representing. 
BadBob

Reply with quote  #3 
What kind of paper do you use for the decals?

I tried to make a similar toy using the paper I had on hand. After applying the clear coat the lighter areas (white) were translucent.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
We are using Staples' 24 lb. bright white ink jet printer paper.
moise

Reply with quote  #5 
I used on all of my decal projects staples 110 lb card stock. Have no problem running it thru my home hp color printer. Card stock being quite a bit thicker makes a excellent decal. I personally don't like the mess spray adhesives leaves so I have chosen to use the sticker makers creation station permant adhesive bond cartridges for my decals. No mess and makes a permanent sticker to install on your project. While using Stickermaker I am able to put the decal on the wood first and then am able to cut out the decal as well as the wood at the same time. Quick,fast and no spray mess to deal with but that is just my opinion.
levy.jr02

Reply with quote  #6 
Were show! very interesting. I love these decoupage style projects. Very good indeed!

Atenciosamente;
Levy Junnior

phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #7 
I think as a scroller I like easy cuts and these are simple no cutting around the body figures and loads of colour as well. Beautiful work

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.