Author   Comment  
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Team,

We plan to start the final engineering drawings and protos for this Sci Fi plan set this afternoon. If you have any suggestions or feedback at this point it will be considered and much appreciated. Thanks!
galaxi adi mars explorer.jpg

Trav

Reply with quote  #2 
I like the boxy look of the forward car a lot but I'm not sure the fuel trailer fits with it. It might look better with just a lower trailer for the flyer. It looks a bit awkward in the sense that it would be hard for a pilot to get up into the cockpit. The forward car might look neat if it had a boxy surface to air missile launcher on it. One with multiple little warheads to provide ground support to the flyer.

Crazy idea but, I wonder if the forward car could use a heavy squarish bulldozer like plow...lots of rough terrain on mars. Would look nice and robust. Google image search for "40K Vindicator" to see an example. Just a thought...

Will there be figures with this? I noticed the doors open. Troops inside? 40K Vindicator below. Ultramarine_Vindicator.png 

john lewman

Reply with quote  #3 
This is priceless input Trav. I inserted a shot of the 40K Vindicator into your post if that's OK. There were a ton of images of this amazing model on Google Image. Thanks for the tip! I am exploring every option you have suggested and plan to incorporate all of them if I can-including some type of cool trooper pattern.

I am learning a bunch of new software and hardware this year-for sketching Cynthia set me up with a Microsoft Surface sketch pad and Autodesk Sketch Pro software. She also loaded Autodesk Fusion 360 3D software onto my computers for creating the actual engineering 3D and the pattern drawings. This is why I haven't released new product for awhile. I am about to have a brain-melt learning to use the new tools!

She is in the process of rebuilding the entire website and that is consuming her. She hopes to launch the new website by the first of August. We are working together to take our plans and promotions to a whole new level. 
Trav

Reply with quote  #4 
Glad to help. I'll look forward to the new website design.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #5 
Well, here is the first pass at your namesake. The Trav 419 Transport. Today is 4-19-18. I am working on the flyer trailer and a more robust version of the flyer to match the Trav. I may get these done yet today but right now i need a nap!
Trav 419 Transport 001.png

Trav

Reply with quote  #6 

I like it. That's some serious front armour and the missile pod up top looks nice.
- Does the missile launcher pivot up and down?
- Do the cannons on the corners rotate or are they stationary?
- I can't tell from the picture but is the plow as wide as the wheel spread? It should be otherwise it will look weird. The plow should be wide enough that it clears a path wide enough for the vehicle. It's hard to tell from the sketch.

Looking good.

john lewman

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks for the input. The plow is the same width as the outside wheel width but not as wide as the outside width of the cannons which pivot up and down only. The missile launcher pivots up and down. I appreciate your input a great deal. It is a difficult thing to design in a vacuum. I will post the trailer later today and then the flyer tomorrow.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #8 
This is the LowBoy trailer concept for the Trav 419 Transport. The launch ramp pivots up and down. I am working on the Drone/Explorer and the Trooper design today and hope to finish the concepts by tomorrow. 
feedback is appreciated!
Trav 419 Transport 002.png 

Trav

Reply with quote  #9 
Nice and straightforward. I think that looks better than the original.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks to you. Input always helps to purify a design.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #11 
This is the Interceptor that launches from the LowBoy in the previous post.  The Trooper and Robot are on the drawing board next.
galaxi adi mars explorer4 (1).png

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.