You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Bargain Basement $3 Wood Toy Plans (Reg. $4.95-$19.95)! Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All. First, thanks to all of you for the quality feedback you have given me over the years. It is a huge help and along with your how-to's has helped me to sharpen my toymaking skills. Below are a couple of photos that I found on Google Image that I thought might make a good plan set. The truck has 2" wheels and the police cruiser 1-1/2" wheels which makes this set which is 1:16 scale or 3/4" = 1'. Each vehicle is approximately 12" long. An alternate scale is 1:20 scale with truck wheels at 1-3/4" and cruiser wheels at 1-1/4". Each vehicle is approximately 9" long.

The truck includes plans to make it a piggy bank. The toys will be on the realistic side with good detailing but the minimum of parts. Printable graphics will be included.

If there is any interest in the set I will post sketches, then prototype it for your comments and approval.

front view brinks armored vehicle.jpg  2006 dodge charger police cruiser.jpg   

Woodcutter

Reply with quote  #2 
Would like to see them a great idea for a bank can't wait to see them
Trav

Reply with quote  #3 
Honestly, I don't think it would look significantly different from the fast food truck. I'd probably pass on it personally. I find construction troys are what draws the kids in (but I understand you can only have so many plans for that) because they're more interactive.

How's that mini car set going? That looked interesting. I thought it would make a nice step up from the play pals but also fairly easy to crank out.

Are you looking for suggestions for plans?
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks Woodcutter and Trav. Your feedback is appreciated. Among our forum toymakers are several interest groups. One group focus is on the craft show market. This group requires toys that are profitable to make and appeal to that market. One group focus is on big, detailed toys that are a showcase for their toymaking skills. One group makes toys for charity-toys like the PlayPals. One group likes Sci-Fi toys and all the groups seem to love trucks! The are other interest groups but you get the idea. 

I have had several requests (3 or 4) for the Brinks Armored Truck and many more for the mini car sets. 

And yes Trav, I am always interested in any suggestions for toy plans.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
I liked the mini car idea.

The brinks armored isn't something I would go for.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Gippy

Reply with quote  #6 
Mini cars, mini cars 😉
Wombat

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi John,
not too sure about these ones.
The Brinks truck as a piggy-bank in either size would be too big, you would hold a LOT of coin in them, and given how fast card-based transaction are taking over here, coin may soon disappear.
The police car could be an interesting modern upgrade on the Mayberry cop car.
But as Trav says, an Armoured Car is just a labelling variant of the Fast Food Vans ( or the Really-wood emergency vehicle set)    Perhaps as an add-on to the roaring twenties Elliot Ness vehicles to boost their play value? 
We all at some point interact with a Food or Delivery van, but not many of us interact with ( or as a kid fantasise about driving ) a cash delivery truck ( unless we win Lotto!) 
Alan

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #8 
Great feedback. Thanks to all of you. I will continue to focus on the mini cars plan sets for the next project launch. And more on that subject soooooon!
makingsawdust

Reply with quote  #9 
John,
I would build both, The bank could be used to teach young children how to save and I have feed back from Mary Bridge Children hospital that supports that claim as well as conversations with a good number of parents that would welcome  that type of item. I beg to differ show me a kid that does not like fire trucks and police vehicles. 
Jim
BadBob

Reply with quote  #10 
There are a lot of much easier to build banks around if one wants to make banks.

My grandson has two small banks. When they are full I'll bet they weigh 10 ponds. A wood bank the size of this truck would need to be very sturdy.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

BadBob

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftFinger
John
Make the back hinge open on the Brinks .My grandson would stuff it full of other toys

My grandson does the same thing.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Lexie

Reply with quote  #12 
Firstly keep in mind i have no children, so take my opinion of what kids like with that in mind.
That being said i like toys, i am new to making toys and i have almost no experience in selling toys.
But you asked for opinions on the Brinks Truck and Modern Police car idea... 
I think a modern police car is a good idea, kids of all ages relate to cars, police chases, it's a good imagination play toy. The Brinks truck for kids is a more abstract idea that many kids do not actually understand what it is for. Ask a 5 year old and see what they say a Brinks truck does or is, and now ask a 5 year old what a police car does or is. 
I think a combo pack of a modern police car, modern fire engine (maybe a modern paramedic/ambulance van) could work better than a police car/Brinks set.
Just my 2 cents.

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #13 
This is great input and much appreciated. I love your ideas and will put this combo on my list. For the very few toymakers who want a Brinks truck how about including graphics and how-to's so an emergency vehicle could also be made into a Brinks bank? And about scale, I am thinking about a smaller scale of vehicles with 1" wheels for the police car and 1-1/4" wheels for the fire truck and emergency vehicles. That would make the police car 8" long and the emergency vehicles 10" long (ambulance, volunteer fire truck). What do you think?
LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #14 
It can be a Brinks or a Police emergency response unit or an ambulance
makingsawdust

Reply with quote  #15 
John,
I believe that would be a solution for all concerned.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us