Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
Mike Holden

Reply with quote  #46 
I want to make them ... eta on when you think you will have them ready? 

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #47 
We will launch them as a set by the first of next week. Thanks for asking.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #48 
Depending on the market...Etsy $50-$80 plus shipping. Craft Show#35-$70 depending on show size and neighborhood.
Mike Holden

Reply with quote  #49 
great !!!

Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
Depending on the market...Etsy $50-$80 plus shipping. Craft Show#35-$70 depending on show size and neighborhood.

The best shipping estimate I can find is $48.96 for one truck.  I'm making some educated guesses here since I don't actually have one. Shipping should be a little less since would be buying it through Etsy and they get a pretty good discount.

I'm trying to figure out if I should buy plans for the larger toys.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

harry

Reply with quote  #51 
I’m with you on this one Bob, I will definitely purchase plans, and make 2 or 3 sets. I have nephews that will enjoy them and wife wants to enter a craft show but unsure how bigger toys will sell.
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #52 
Hi
I too was wondering about buying the larger model plans but I have just bought the Super Mack set and I have printed one set of the plans at 100% and second set at just 75% and then they will then use 2 1/4 inch wheels and be the same scale as the Free Mercedes Truck plan that I have made several times already.
I have made a couple of them trucks even smaller just by adjusting the print size and it's one of the several things I absolutely love about buying plans on here as even an amateur beginner like me can make some really high class models that people love, as presents or now as purchases.....
All the best
Dave
harry

Reply with quote  #53 
Great idea Frogbucket, hopefully I can remember to reduce the size in the future.
AES

Reply with quote  #54 
I'm NOT disputing what BadBob or anyone else had to say about using well known logos (UPS, FedEx, etc) but don't you all find it rather sad that we have to consider such things? After all:

1. Such logos form part of the background to our daily lives, just about anywhere in the world where we live, city or countryside, and;

2. I really don't know of course, but I bet anything that if you added every member of this Forum and multiplied, by say, 10, the total number of toy UPS trucks (example) produced would be less than the total number of trucks in the world wide UPS truck fleet, and;

3. What about the argument that says that we, by reproducing such logos, are in fact doing our (very little) bit to enhance the brand image of the companies concerned?

I'm NOT in business as a toy maker, and (again) I'm not in any way disputing what's been said, sadly it sounds all too familiar. But I really do find it more than sad that we, as a bunch of pretty "innocent" toy makers who are simply bringing a bit of fun into people's lives have to concern ourselves with such silly matters.

What's up with these companies (and their lawyers)? I guess the answer must be the chance to win some money from some poor innocent toy maker somewhere!

SAD!

Edit for P.S. Good luck with the little trucks anyway John & Cynthia. I have a MASS of plans outstanding yet to start, but along with several other recent offers, these will be on my buy list one day.

Mike Holden

Reply with quote  #55 
agreed 100% that we have to consider things like this anymore. 

Reply with quote  #56 
If I were UPS I would be happy to have my companies logo on toys. UPS might give me permission to use the logo but just asking is a cost in itself. I've not made a profit yet and have far too much on my plate to add this.

Yes, it's sad that we need to deal with this sort of thing.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

john lewman

Reply with quote  #57 
Hey team, I appreciate all the feedback on logos. I checked it out and the laws have become much stricter since I last checked. It is legal for me to use the logos in my artwork in the plan sets. I did check that out. However, I cannot legally include the actual logo for printing. I am adding patterns for the letters UPS, USPS, and FEDEX which are not logos and can be cut out of wood and glued to the trucks. The world is sure getting touchy, isn't it? Thanks to BadBob for raising this issue. [crazy] Regulations can get pretty crazy.
AES

Reply with quote  #58 
Agree 100% with Bad Bob. What WOULD UPS (or any other company reply) if someone wrote to them "Dear Sir, I'm a small toymaker and want to put your logo (EASY to copy from the internet) on about 10 to 20 toy UPS trucks for sale at my local craft fair in XX. May I have your permission please?"

I really don't know what the answer is likely to be!!! And as BadBob already said, what a waste of time? For NOTHING as far as I can see!

John, what would happen if on your logo instead of putting (example again) "UPS" you put for example "UPZ" - same brown colour truck, same shield, etc, etc?

Anyway, whatever the answer, I'm glad that someone raised the ugly possibility of getting sued, and as before, I find it SAD, AND too silly for words!

BTW, the professional toy manufacturers often make models of real cars (another example Ford, complete with oval logo - we can all think of others). Do THEY have to get some sort of "permission" too?

Ah well .............

Meds853

Reply with quote  #59 
I worked as a Paramedic for a hospital and were designing some t-shirts for first responders in our area. They went total BONKERS on me because I didn't get permission to use their logo!!!!
harry

Reply with quote  #60 
I would be happy if I were UPS and got all the free advertising and exposure that these toys would get. A very recognizable logo, may very well make an impression on these young people that would last into their future when they become adults. I agree it is a sign of the times.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.