PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #16 
US dollars. ?
Greg

Reply with quote  #17 
Canadian $$
bunceman

Reply with quote  #18 
First time on here - so bear with me please.

I am trying to cut out the cannon chassis but the block will neither fit under my scroll saw (Excalibur 30") or my band saw. Scroll saw cutting depth is 2 1/2", and band saw 2 3/4". The chassis block is 3" wide by 3 1/4" tall.

Stumped!

I really don't fancy using a hand saw, but cannot see an alternative - so near, yet so far.

The only way I can think of cutting this block is to slice the block in two, and try and make two identical cuts before gluing them back together.

Any ideas?

cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #19 
Hi bunceman, we recommend that you make Part 20 by first sawing a separate left and right side using 1-1/2" thick wood for each side then laminate together. I can see by reviewing the plan set that it looks like the two Parts are first glued together.
Cynthia
bunceman

Reply with quote  #20 
Hi Cynthia

Thanks for that. I assumed that it was probably best to make two halves. It will be a bit awkward drilling out the 1/2" dia gun hole afterwards, but if it was easy, where's the fun in that!

Cheers.
jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #21 
This is an excellent set John and I love the detail of the drone being stored in the walker.  I'm wondering if these toys would be ideal for the "video gamer" generation, rather than younger children.  I work in technology and see things like this on almost every desk that I pass.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #22 
http://www.toymakingplans.com/website/PlanSets/galaxi-adi-drone-mission-support.html

Great suggestion! I will keep this in mind as I flesh out the product line. You can see the finished plan set and video at the link above.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.