You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Bargain Basement $3 Wood Toy Plans (Reg. $4.95-$19.95)! Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #16 
Here are a couple of shots of the painted and natural wood tractor, trailer and road scraper prototypes for the new plan set.   Scene 021.png  Scene 022.png  Scene 023.png 
Garrymac

Reply with quote  #17 
very sleek easy to make design. Just what I need to build lots of inventory!!

Reply with quote  #18 
They look great John. However, I think the tops need to be stronger.  Some downward pressure on the front of the cab might snap it right off.  Of course, it would depend a lot on the grain direction and the type of wood used.

I think I would at least drill and pin the roof of the cab to the back with some dowels.

Some axle pins might work here instead of dowels. Lots of heavy equipment have yellow caution light mounted on the roof. 

I don't see anything to keep toys from rolling off the trailers when a child pushes haulers across the floor. When I gave my grandson a flatbed truck, and his cars rolled off. He brought it back and told me I needed to fix it. I did.

I'm not crazy about the wheel covers, but that's an easy fix.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Wombat

Reply with quote  #19 
Hi John,
These have come up a treat, and you have my interest.
Simple construction and yet very obvious what they are.
Echoing BadBobs comment, I will be putting a cut down axle peg painted orange, on top of each one, and a "bump strip" across the trailer between its two wheels.
Alan

Reply with quote  #20 
These are great, simple and ideal for kit form. Thanks john.Ted
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #21 
Great ideas all. The roof and trailer improvements are right on. I have found running the grain front to back with a tight hardwood makes a strong roof but soft woods can split under too much rough play.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
Great ideas all. The roof and trailer improvements are right on. I have found running the grain front to back with a tight hardwood makes a strong roof but soft woods can split under too much rough play.

John, What woods you consider tight grained hardwoods?

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #23 
This is the final prototype of the Bobcat. We have one more plan set to go before we launch and that is the Power Shovel. I am about done with that and ready to start the plan set.

Scene File 022.png     Scene File 007a.png  Scene File 005a.png  Scene File 004a.png

Trav

Reply with quote  #24 
I know you're nearing the end of this and it's probably not the best time for recommendations but, is this set not going to have a dump truck? Can't really have a road crew without a dump truck. What will all the tractors interact with?
A tractor without a dump truck is like, well, a dump truck without a tractor 😉
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #25 
Hi Trav, great suggestion. I have planned a dump truck for the next set but I will give your request some thought and might switch the power shovel out for a dump truck. The next set can use a power shovel so I will see what I can do before we launch.
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #26 
I took Trav's advice and added this dump truck to the plan set. Feedback is greatly appreciated-thanks Trav.

Scene File 022a.png  forum 021.png  forum 02.png 

A World of Wood

Reply with quote  #27 
I like it

Reply with quote  #28 

Very nice John,

what kind of wood did you use? (for the dumptruck?)

Peter V
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #29 
The wood is ash and very pleasant to work with. Wheels and steering wheel are walnut cut with a fly cutter on a drill press.
Loggerlaws

Reply with quote  #30 
Hi John, these look like an easy build. With the next set you could give the roof extra strength by gluing doors on the outside like you did on the powerful Pete 6 truck fleet. Just my two cents worth.

Cheers Raymond.

20190513_205541.jpg 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us