You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Bargain Basement $3 Wood Toy Plans (Reg. $4.95-$19.95)! Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Author   Comment  
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #1 
SWAT VEHICLE1.jpg  Image006.jpg  Image005.jpg 
Which style of body do you prefer-the angular model at the top or the curved body in the color drawing below?

The above sketches show the progress of the original Brinks Bank vehicle with Dodge Charger Police Cruiser. Based on your comments on the previous Forum Post, the plan set will include S.W.A.T. armored vehicle, ambulance, fire response, Brinks Bank Cash and Doge Charger Police Cruiser.

The chassis details sketch is being considered as the base for the trucks. This is similar in design to the very popular Hill Billy Hot Rod Plan Set. The vehicles are planned as toys to be played with and not as display models.

SCALE: 1" = 1' (1:12 SCALE) This is the same scale as the Hill Billy Hot Rods. Any feedback you have is greatly appreciated. I am beginning the scale drawings today and want to include any changes or additions that you might have. 2" dia. wheels on rough scale sketch below.SWAT VEHICLE4.jpg 

Thanks!
John Lewman

chapmanrm

Reply with quote  #2 
Great design overall like the angular style best.
LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #3 
I like every thing but the cannon . The only one I saw close up had a sniper platform (turret without the cannon) accessible through a roof hatch

Rich

Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi John
I like the sloped edges but I think that the straight sides might be easier and more accessible to more people.
I love the interchangeable bodies on the one chassis in the Hill Billy Hot Rods so that is big thumbs up for this series from me.
Also with their 2in wheels they are a perfect size toy to make and play with or enhance to display as a model.
We don't Normally see police vehicles with cannons on them here in England....but it looks cool for a toy lol
Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the finished plans
All the best
Dave
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the input. There will be a Sniper's shield on the top with a hatch door. I might be able to post a prototype tomorrow!
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #6 
John-

I love it all.  The interchangeable bodies and the cannon mount. The engine and chassis design is just great! I don't know so much about the extra fuel cans on the outside....could get dicey in a fire fight.

Sign me up.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks Bill-the gas cans are nixed! The Cannon mount is now a sniper shield. This is a shot of the first prototype. The hood, doors and top hatch swing open on a play tested denim hinge setup. There is a basic engine under the hood. More photos will be posted tomorrow with some variations. SWAT Municipal Police Power Wagon front.png 
SWAT Municipal Police Power Wagon rear.png  SWAT Municipal Police Power Wagon.png

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #8 
This prototype was built from MDF. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

SWAT Municipal Police Power Wagon 001.png  SWAT Municipal Police Power Wagon 002.png  SWAT Municipal Police Power Wagon 003.png  SWAT Municipal Police Power Wagon 004.png 

LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #9 
Looks really good John. One other vehicle to consider is an suv  We are seeing Ford Escapes being used as cruisers /neighborhood policing
 Actually I need a good Ford Escape plan 

hint hint[biggrin]
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #10 
LeftFinger-thanks for the suggestion. Do you mean in place of the Dodge Charger? I really like that idea. Our state uses the Ford Escapes for the State Patrol.
LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #11 
I was thinking as well John .
This is looking like a very special set.My grandson is going to be pleased as well as children and parents at the trade shows this fall.

Rich
makingsawdust

Reply with quote  #12 
I am prone to the angular version, looks great and count me in.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us