Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #31 
The F4U Corsair wing saw cut details: Each of the two pieces are identical and are cut out separately then glued together. This is a 3D scroll saw cut. The wood blank size for each of the wing pieces is 1" x 1-1/2" x 10". The blank can be made from 1-1/2" thick wood sawn to 1" wide or from two pieces of 7/16" or 1/2" wood 1" wide x 10" that are laminated together before sawing to shape. 3D patterns are included in the plan set with detailed instructions on how to cut out each half of the wing. It is really pretty easy to make the wings this way. And it is a simple glue and clamp operation to attach the wing to the fuselage. F4U Scene File 004.png
BadBob

Reply with quote  #32 
I can't thinks of another way to make the wing and keep it strong enough.

Wombat

Reply with quote  #33 
As promised , I bought my set today. ( internet down locally yesterday, or it would have been then)
 Thank you John for the great tutorial on making the F4U gull wings.  Pretty useful for any compound cut part.
Thanks also for the great graphics which will add the touch of realism to lift them from good toys to great ones.

BadBob

Reply with quote  #34 
Got mine. Hopefully I'll have time to make the soon. So many toys to make so little time. I'm looking forward to the F4U Coasair.

wwalker47

Reply with quote  #35 
I bought mine and is in line.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Bodacious2

Reply with quote  #36 
I also bought a set and can’t wait to start building them. I am finishing up 10 of the biplanes and then off to these beautiful birds
stonie

Reply with quote  #37 
these planes look fantastic are you going to do a spitfire at anytime in the furture
regards tony
john lewman

Reply with quote  #38 
The Spitfire is a good idea. I plan to do another set of 3 planes in the near future and will include the Spitfire. Thanks for the reminder!
BadBob

Reply with quote  #39 
I have been wanting a Spitfire.

Grandpa Bear

Reply with quote  #40 
I bought my plans today. I'm going to start with the P40 War Hawk.

Will do a step by step thread as I complete the build.

Thanks for designing John
john lewman

Reply with quote  #41 
We are all anxious and excited to see the step-by-step thread. Please start a new topic and make a title that we will recognize like "Grandpa Bear's step-by-step guide to building the P40 War Hawk wood toy". That way a few thousand more folks will get to follow it. Thanks!
stonie

Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
The Spitfire is a good idea. I plan to do another set of 3 planes in the near future and will include the Spitfire. Thanks for the reminder!

that would be great my dad loved the spitfires i would get those plans for sure as a reminder of him shame he is not here anymore.

wwalker47

Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman

Let's not forget the Hurricane.  The real hero of the Battle for Britain.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
john lewman

Reply with quote  #44 
This short video shows the F4u Corsair prototype wing. I wish that I had a video of the whole process. I plan to start documenting my builds with video as soon as I get used to working with the camera. Enjoy!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.