Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #16 
Here are a couple of quick shots of the final prototype. I will have a multi-colored wood grain model and a painted model to show in a couple of days. This was a peach to build and it is truly quick and easy. All of it is made from cheap framing lumber-1x10's qne 2x12's at 3/4" x 9-1/2" and -1/2" x 11-1/2" actual thickness and width dims. The center core is two 2x12' glued together on edge. The rails are dowel-pinned to the cross beam with 1/2" hardwood dowels in four places. The rails are 38 long and are 16" apart for extra stability.

Big Easy Rocking Motorcycle 001.png  Big Easy Rocking Motorcycle 002.png  Big Easy Rocking Motorcycle 003.png

LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #17 
That should work great John
From there it will be easy for the individual builder to customize it to their own taste.
make a Harley or Indian or even a Vincent from that basic design.

It would also look good in miniature on a doll house porch   ha ha
GGPA

Reply with quote  #18 
Love the design.. I have made many Rocking Horses, This would be a nice change and looks great to boot.
blackwolfhollow

Reply with quote  #19 
Thanks John, I build Hot Rods and Harleys for a living, so I have access to mills and lathes and other stuff. Wood working is my hobby, and I've gathered up a fair amount of tools for that too. I just combined the two, and shrunk down one of my bikes. I love your rocker, I probably would have built that if it was available then. There is some impressive talent on this sight, I'm really excited to be here. I've picked up quite a few of your plans over the years, but some how missed the community forum. I guess I'm just not the sharpest tool in the shed. 😉
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #20 
Nice proto John looks great.[thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #21 
These are shots of the final prototypes. The design has been kept as simple as possible. The concept was to create a "toy" rocking motorcycle, not a precise model of a certain brand of motorcycle. It is also designed to be quickly made using common materials. A jig saw or saber saw is ideal for cutting out the larger parts.
Scene 001.png  Scene 002.png  Scene 003.png  Scene 004.png  Scene 005.png  SF 006.png  SF 007.png 

LeftFinger

Reply with quote  #22 
count me in
love it

Rich
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.