Author   Comment   Page 1 of 6      1   2   3   4   Next   »
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #1 

What do you think? I made this today using 3/4" MDF board from Home Depot. It was a breeze to scroll out using my Delta scroll saw and a fine-toothed blade. I have a bunch of 3D puzzle design ideas and was just wondering if there is any interest out there in this type of project. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

set 1.jpg20190106_091822.jpg

Bourbon

Reply with quote  #2 
Very educational toy, I can't make it as I don't have a scroll saw (No room in my workshop). But someone who makes stuff for sale will be on to a winner.

kstano83

Reply with quote  #3 
This is exactly what I ment/was looking for, John. Great work! Bring all your ideas on! I can't wait to see them. Thanks for listening! :)
john lewman

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you both for the feedback. And thanks especially to kstamo83. Wthout your encouragement I would not have posted any puzzles. I enjoy designing them but have been questioning if they are right for our toymakers. I think I should have offered them a long time ago so I will get busy with the plan sets.
kstano83

Reply with quote  #5 
I think I know what you mean. Well, there is a certain yes from me. Others and time will tell I guess...
eburk

Reply with quote  #6 
YES!!! Love puzzles, I sell on consignment and at a few, very few, shows. Puzzles are always a favorite.

Reply with quote  #7 
I like it!
Jeremy

Reply with quote  #8 
I love puzzles like this one!  I am sure it is a pattern I will purchase and make.  Thanks as always for your fantastic creativity.
A World of Wood

Reply with quote  #9 
YES!!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Reply with quote  #10 

I like puzzles but I think the real challenge with them is to really make them pop and stand out. I've made a few and am wondering if I want to get into making more. They're nice projects when you have smaller leftover bits of different wood species laying around. They look nicer, to me anyway, when they are a mix of woods.

There's a company in New Zealand called Tarata that does this very well. Google "Tarata Balancing Animals" to find them. You've probably seen their stuff on pinterest. They do a very good job of colouring the animals well and shaping them so that they can stack together in interesting and creative ways.

Anyway. I'm always looking forward to what you'll come up with John.

john lewman

Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks Trav. I  checked out the website and was pretty excited about what I saw. I will give this a try with a puzzle set design of my own. Their designs are really great.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks to Trav I tried stacking these and it looks like there are an infinite variety of arrangements that work!
20190107_172933.jpg 

kstano83

Reply with quote  #13 
Yes, that is one of great features of stacking pizzles. The same goes for your mommy's kittys. Those are so much fun to stack.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20181209_141951.jpg, Views: 53, Size: 195.49 KB 

A World of Wood

Reply with quote  #14 
Loving it!!!!!

Reply with quote  #15 
I'm on board for these puzzle patterns! Always on the lookout.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.