Author   Comment   Page 2 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
Trav

Reply with quote  #16 

Looking good. I think the option to market them as a stackable game would work well for those planning to sell them. There's only one thing you can really do with a puzzle and once thats done, I think the "replay value" really drops off. The stackable option bring new (and as you said, "infinite") angle to it.

Are you planning to make a variety of sets?

rob41245

Reply with quote  #17 
Fantastic, I can see the smiles on my great nieces and nephews faces already. 
Thanks for all the great things you do.
Rob
shedbuddie

Reply with quote  #18 
Thats a great puzzle John, will sell I'm sure of that
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #19 
Momma's Kitties? I had completely forgotten about this plan set. I love the photo. That is a great shot!
kstano83

Reply with quote  #20 
Yep, it's in the bargain basement. https://www.toymakingplans.com/website/PlanSets/MommysKittys.html
They look like a single purpose toy, but once I I've showed our kids how to stack them, they fell in love with them. They even sell great at craft shows.

I also agree with Trav. Puzzles can get pretty boring after time. Put it together, done. Repeat. Stackable puzzles are a completely different level. Only your and especially child's imagination is the limit.

What I also find important with these puzzles is being easily recognisable by shape (cat, dog, dinosaur etc.) . And also be (possibly fully) usable as a single toy. I've cut several not so well thought out puzzles where some animals would not be able stand on a flat surface at all. Not good.

The above mentioned puzzles by Trav look very good and I'd like to see your version of them.

Cant wait.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #21 
Trav-
The answer is yes. I have a bunch of designs I've created that need to be translated into plan sets.
john lewman

Reply with quote  #22 
These are a couple of shots of the animal puzzle final prototypes for the plan set. It is a lot easier to cut these out of one piece of 3/4" board then stain or paint each animal a different color. Using several different woods is a little more time consuming to get a good fit. Scene File 005.png 
Scene File 001.png  Scene File 002.png

TTT2014

Reply with quote  #23 
John,
     LOVE IT!!!!!!
     Yes make a few sets periodically through the year. Puzzles are great at the shows that I do. Love the different animals in the puzzle prototype.  Great job and looking forward to seeing a few sets soon.

To Everyone,
     Yes doing puzzles seems redundant, put on plan on the board, cut, sand, repeat.  But I do a few puzzles (15) at different shows and kids love them not matter their age.  The best part is of course at Christmas time someone is always looking for an inexpensive stocking stuffer, they are great for that.

Looking forward to the first plan set.

A World of Wood

Reply with quote  #24 
AWESOME!

Reply with quote  #25 
YES YES YES!!!! These would be great! 
kstano83

Reply with quote  #26 
I can´t wait to make it 😉
ctowne

Reply with quote  #27 
These are great
john lewman

Reply with quote  #28 
Thanks ctowne, your opinion is very important to us. Thanks for your input. We are glad to hear from you.
jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #29 
Hi John,

I love this puzzle and would definitely buy the plan.  I've found that people of all ages enjoy the stacking puzzles.  I recently made the stacking goats puzzle (from picture provided by Rosie) for my Dad and he sends me pictures each week of them in some new configuration.  The best part is the ease of making them and the minimal amount of material required.

Thanks!

Jason
BadBob

Reply with quote  #30 
I like it.
Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.