Author   Comment   Page 3 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
bunceman

Reply with quote  #31 
John, you question if these types of puzzles are right for Toymakingplans.com and in my opinion they most certainly are.

I make all sorts of items including trucks, cars, planes, trains etc bought from here, but I also like to make educational toys, and anything thats can stack up is great. If the plans could include about 10 pieces minimum then that would be perfect.

I sell our products at craft fairs and 50% of sales are for educational puzzles and toys, so I'll be on board for a set of plans!
rdredge

Reply with quote  #32 
Bunceman,

I am a teacher and curious as to what kinds of educational toys you make and sell.

Thanks rdredge
bunceman

Reply with quote  #33 
Rdredge
My little Clock - Hand painted.jpg 
Not sure if this is the right place for my answer, but heregoes.

We have numerous alphabet and numerical type interlocking puzzles based on snakes, lions, butterflies, snails, caterpillers, crocs etc. My Little Clock from TMP.com is superb also. We paint the whole thing rather than use the graphics as I have little confidence with prying fingers removing the images - takes a lot longer, but it does look good.

One of my faves is a numerical puzzle which I created and is made up of 24 pieces. Each number has a different colour, so a child can find the same coloured pieces and piece together each number and the puzzle. I routed out the numbers from a jig I made, then set it in a simple frame. It sells well. Numbers Puzzle.jpg 

johndrees

Reply with quote  #34 
I love puzzle make a lot of them sale a lot of them at show
rdredge

Reply with quote  #35 
Thank you Bunceman. They look great!

BadBob

Reply with quote  #36 
I like the number puzzle idea.
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

bunceman

Reply with quote  #37 
Thank you BadBob

I am not able to use a router freehand, so I made a template pattern out of MDF, cutting the numbers in the pattern, then clamped the template over a piece of Douglas Fir and routed out the numbers. It was then a simple process of cutting the jigsaw pieces and putting the whole puzzle in a simple frame.

The puzzle is challenging on several levels really. It is a jigsaw firstly, with coloured numbers which aids assembly, but also teaches the numbers themselves. It is colourful and attractive too.

Not quick to make though. I got the inspiration for it from a picture on the internet and then devised a way to make it interesting and educative.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunceman

Not quick to make though. I got the inspiration for it from a picture on the internet and then devised a way to make it interesting and educative.

I've made a few puzzles. Other than the ones that are simple trayless cutouts they get complicated. Add paint, and the routing like you do, and they start becoming time sinks.

I made a batch of "Scroll Saw Puzzle Pals" hand painted the pieces and finished the trays with shellac. Well before I finished them, I decided I was not going to make these again.  At least not painted ones.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Rosiejane

Reply with quote  #39 
I love these sort of stacking interlocking animal puzzles. Really looking forward to the plans.

Reply with quote  #40 
love puzzles make a lot of them , lots of animals  and peoples
Rod T

Reply with quote  #41 
Fantastic idea. I have been on holidays, so missed the original post. 
I have been looking for something like this.

A few theme ideas for different versions.
Farm animals
Dinosaurs
Zoo animals
Australian Animals ??? 

Cheers
Rod T

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #42 
great ideas RodT!
Twindaddytoys

Reply with quote  #43 
Count me in! My twins turn one in 4 days so these are the types of items that I've been making for them. Including simple blocks since everything goes in the mouth..... haha especially Hannah. They are my little testers AND sales force.

People love it when I say, Twin Tested and Approved "

~Daniel

Ron1963

Reply with quote  #44 
You could do one of pet animals (dogs and cats).
kstano83

Reply with quote  #45 
I´m sure this would work with any kind of animals. Certain species, then many combinations of those...the list could be endless.
If you continue making more of these (I really hope so...there seems to be great responses to these as you can see) I would welcome sticking to a certain width and height when put together the original way. Just like the previously mentioned Tatara does. I like how they have the same size of box for each puzzle. But that´s just my small wish or idea. 

When will these be released? I want to make them asap. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.