Author   Comment   Page 4 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
Rosiejane

Reply with quote  #46 
I second Rod T's suggestion for Aussie Animals...I've been searching for Aussie Animal puzzle patterns for months now and not having much luck.

Reply with quote  #47 
Please don't forget the New Zealand animals.......lol

Gippy

Reply with quote  #48 
I was looking forward to this plan. But I have no interest in the flyers puzzle and to me it doesn’t make sense to mix animals with sci-fi. I would like to see several sets of animal patterns in the plan, each using a different group of animals, farm, jungle etc.
Twindaddytoys

Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
Thank you both for the feedback. And thanks especially to kstamo83. Wthout your encouragement I would not have posted any puzzles. I enjoy designing them but have been questioning if they are right for our toymakers. I think I should have offered them a long time ago so I will get busy with the plan sets.

Absolutely are right for us. I got mine..... printed them out and will be cutting about 4-6 sets for the night market on Wednesday night. Question..... what would be a good price range? Beeswax finish and painted finish. I know I ask about pricing all the time. Ergo my suggestion to have a category devoted to pricing [wink]
BadBob

Reply with quote  #50 
I have mine. I am going to be working on these today.

I've been cutting a lot of puzzles lately. I cut my first ever jigsaw puzzle yesterday. It took me most of the day to cut one I liked.

I don't see many new puzzle designs. I am happy to see these not only new designs but something diffrent.

Thanks John

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

bunceman

Reply with quote  #51 
I am sorry to say, John, but I'm with Gippy on this one. I was expecting more animals in the set - six is not enough. Also the flyers do nothing for me and do not compliment the animals.

Shame really as I was really looking forward to a set of stacking animals for out markets.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #52 
Thanks bunceman. I appreciate the honest feedback. This was my first puzzle ever and was very difficult for me to design. To add more animals on the first attempt was just overwhelming. I have spent a lot of time since this attempt in studying all types of puzzles and the design philosophy behind them. I am planning the next set to be animals and to offer a couple of sets in the promotion that are animal designs.

I think that I can learn to do puzzles efficiently. That is necessary because selling plans is how I put food on the table. We spent three weeks fussing with the animal/starfighter promo. The starfighter was much quicker and easier for me to do because I am more familiar with vehicles than I am with animals. It was also a test to see if anyone following us would be interested in animals or vehicles puzzles. And it was a trial run to see how long it would take from concept to completed plan set and promotional material. I have continued to experiment and now can develop a new puzzle plan start to finish in about a week.

That said, not everyone wants a puzzle plan and most of our toymakers still prefer vehicles and riding toys. I think we can create more interest from participating toymakers with the puzzle plans that we are working into our line of product. Hopefully, you will be pleased. Our next product will be the 1930 FBI and Gangster Cars. After that we have a fun and more complicated set of 2 puzzle plans we hope to have ready to launch.
kstano83

Reply with quote  #53 
WOW...I can´t  believe what I´m reading. If you don´t like it, pass it...

I´m a HUGE fan of puzzles and I can already see how I play with several sets of these with my kids... If this is John´s first try on puzzles, I can´t imagine how great they will be once they reach the level of his vehicles. 

A World of Wood

Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstano83
WOW...I can´t  believe what I´m reading. If you don´t like it, pass it...

I´m a HUGE fan of puzzles and I can already see how I play with several sets of these with my kids... If this is John´s first try on puzzles, I can´t imagine how great they will be once they reach the level of his vehicles. 

I agree 100% Great job John 😎

Reply with quote  #55 
I love these puzzles/stackers. Once my great grand nieces and nephews finish the puzzle they are off to the building with the stacking which goes go and on and on. Please John go on and on with what you do. They're superb!
Rob
johndrees

Reply with quote  #56 
like the puzzle  I did some last year 
BadBob

Reply with quote  #57 
More puzzles. Please.

I think you will find there is a great demand for puzzles. Particularly for the preschool crowd. I've been making lots of them lately. The best seller in my shop is a puzzle.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

bunceman

Reply with quote  #58 
I totally agree with BabBob regarding puzzles.

We sell at artisanale markets in central France, and we sell predominately puzzles for age groups 2 - 10 years old. Alphabet and numerical puzzles sell like hot cakes!

We rarely sell trucks and cars, sadly, unlike our American friends.
craigrozema

Reply with quote  #59 
i don't know if you saw but these made it into Steve Goods daily email today. kudos to you guys
cynthia lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #60 
Hi craigrozema,

No, we didn't know that! Thanks for the tip off! Steve Good is a great guy and does a wonderful service to the scroll saw community. Thanks for letting us know!

http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/

Cynthia
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.